News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question on valance corner installation

Started by 68RT440, October 04, 2012, 07:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68RT440

Hey guys, Im currently messing around with the valance and corners, and Im having a hard time figuring out how the flange from the valance corner to the quarter panel gets welded. I cant find any access to that flange and dont know how Im going to get to it to weld it. Anybody have any advice or suggestions? thanks.
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Patronus

Could drill some holes in one and then plug weld em?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Ryan

It needs to be welded with the quarter panel off of the car after you have test fitted it and know where exactly to weld it.

I'm not sure what to suggest if the quarters are still on the car.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

68RT440

Ok, thanks Ryan, thats all that I could come up with as well but wasnt sure if I was missing something. All the sheet metal from the doors back is currently just mocked up with screws, so doing it this way wont be an issue...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Ryan

Well then in that case you'll be fine.

FYI if they are AMD full quarters then you will need to slice them and add some metal where the corner attaches. See my thread.

2014 viper TA

68RT440

Yea Ive been following your thread and noticed what you had to do. My quarters are CBD and are better in that area, but will need some work there for sure. The flange on the quarter is banana shaped so the valance corner touches on the top and bottom of the flange, so the quarter will be getting sliced and fixed in that area.... :cheers:

cdr

Quote from: Ryan on October 05, 2012, 06:34:55 PM

FYI if they are AMD full quarters then you will need to slice them and add some metal where the corner attaches. See my thread.

is it the q panel or the caps? i am using amd panel & my original end caps
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ryan

Quote from: cdr on January 11, 2013, 12:17:59 PM
Quote from: Ryan on October 05, 2012, 06:34:55 PM

is it the q panel or the caps? i am using amd panel & my original end caps

It's the quarter panel. I compared it to 2 original cars. The AMD corners are actually very nice parts.

2014 viper TA

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr