News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas prices suck

Started by skip68, October 02, 2012, 12:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Hello, My name is Cooter and I'm a Gasoline crackhead.

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1970Moparmann

This is freak'in ridiculous.   In suburbs of Chi-town, it's $4.15!!!!

Is it because of getting off the Winter Blend?   Oh, wait, I think it's because of the transition to Summer blend.  But then I may be wrong, and it's because of refinery maintenance.  :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

skip68

$3.29 here   :scratchchin:   still too high.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ram07

Went down a little here, $1.339 l ($5.07 a gallon)...for regular.

sunfire69

Whats bad is oil is around $90 a barrel....last time it was at this price gas was around $2.75 a gallon....talk about gouging..

Mike DC

There's a few months of lag time between the tanker ship and the gas pump.  In February the price of oil was up near $120. 

Speculation about current events might cause them to raise prices immediately sometimes, but the general trend of gas prices is a few months behind oil production. 

Fred

Quote from: sunfire69 on May 02, 2013, 11:08:47 AM
Whats bad is oil is around $90 a barrel....last time it was at this price gas was around $2.75 a gallon....talk about gouging..

It's the same here.  And we have such a strong Aussie dollar too, it should be heaps cheaper. I'd hate to think what we'll be paying for it should our dollar weaken.

It's amazing how slow they are at lowering the price at the pump when the barrel price drops but how quick they are at increasing the pump price when the barrel price goes up.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Tilar

$3.79 around here. I can go 20 miles in any direction and get it for around $3.59
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

sunfire69

Mike DC

QuoteFeb Avg PPB was 107. it hasn't been over 120 since 2008..

Hmm, I must've read the wrong chart or something. 

QuoteIt's amazing how slow they are at lowering the price at the pump when the barrel price drops but how quick they are at increasing the pump price when the barrel price goes up.

It's also amazing how quickly the prices on raggedy old musclecars flew up after Barrett-Jackman started selling cherry-picked cars for a zillion dollars, but how slowly they dropped when nobody else could get those kinds of numbers afterwards. 

It's just normal human behavior in a free market, love it or hate it.  Gasoline is not a govt-controlled utility. 

Fred

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 03, 2013, 02:17:20 PM
QuoteFeb Avg PPB was 107. it hasn't been over 120 since 2008..

Hmm, I must've read the wrong chart or something. 

QuoteIt's amazing how slow they are at lowering the price at the pump when the barrel price drops but how quick they are at increasing the pump price when the barrel price goes up.

It's also amazing how quickly the prices on raggedy old musclecars flew up after Barrett-Jackman started selling cherry-picked cars for a zillion dollars, but how slowly they dropped when nobody else could get those kinds of numbers afterwards. 

It's just normal human behavior in a free market, love it or hate it.  Gasoline is not a govt-controlled utility. 

Yes, I realise that. I'm just pointing out a fact.  Besides, we have a petrol watchdog, to supposedly prevent this from happening.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Anybody else notice the $0.30 increase in prices in the last 4 days? :P

sunfire69

I don't pay much attention anymore..I have to get back and forth to work...so I have to buy it .. :eek2:....there is no ryhme or reason to the price....as a nation our consumption is down....the price per barrel is down....so given the lawws of supply and demand...the price should be down.....way down...buts it not...because the oil companys don't have to lower it to drive sales...they just wait....on way that would drop the price would be to take it off the futures exchange and not trade it as a commodity...then you would have price spikes ( read instant profits) when the price of september crude goes up 2 cents in may....

Mike DC

The prices fluctuate but in the end it's all basically temporary changes.  The industry cannot raise oil prices higher than supply and demand when you measure it on a years-long scale.  I'm pretty sure everyone on this site will have bought gasoline for decades by the time they die.  

Everyone complains when prices are up but nobody complains when prices go way down.  People are just arbitrarily convinced that it should be about half as expensive as it is no matter what the price at the moment.  The figures they want are not based on anything concrete, people just don't like paying for gasoline. 

1970Moparmann

Tuesday morning it was $3.97, end of day $4.25 - WTF!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TruckDriver

In the past 4 weeks, gas and diesel has jumped .50 cents a gallon here.  :brickwall: :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P