News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

edelbrock heads and msd ready to run on a 383

Started by lasvegas69charg, September 26, 2012, 12:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

hi. Is there anyone here running this combo?  If so, is it a really tight fit? I was thinking about grinding on the head a little to allow a  little room.  I am also running a quick fuel 750 with dual line feed. It seems that dual line feed connection is right at the dist. Any suggestions. I can take pics if needed.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Patronus

I swapped the bowls so the line comes in on the drivers side.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Ghoste

I turned my feed around so the connection was at the rear.  I had to make up some other plumbing but got it done.

lasvegas69charg

well i grinded on the head just a little and was able to set the msd ready to run dist in.  as for the dual fuel line i ended up buying a short braided dual line feed from holly.   it gave me about 3" of extra room.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Challenger340

When using the MSD "ready to run" Distributor with the Eddy Heads, there is indeed a pretty fair interference requiring grinding.
It usually takes me more than the "little" grinding you described....to get the Dizzy in, and with Sufficient clearance that it is not being pushed to one side against the Head....
just make sure there is enough clearance so as not to kill the Dizzy bushing internally.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

lasvegas69charg

what's the dizzy bushing. I used a dremel and grinded that hump down just enough to set the msd . You could slip a piece of paper between the head and msd.

cdr

Quote from: lasvegas69charg on September 29, 2012, 02:00:45 PM
what's the dizzy bushing. I used a dremel and grinded that hump down just enough to set the msd . You could slip a piece of paper between the head and msd.
the shaft bushing inside the distributor
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Challenger340

Quote from: lasvegas69charg on September 29, 2012, 02:00:45 PM

Thats fine.
Only wimps wear Bowties !