News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

another 70 stolen just saw it on moparts

Started by 68 CHARGER R/T, September 22, 2012, 08:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 CHARGER R/T

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7387688&an=0&page=0

STOLEN CAR ALERT!

A customer of ours just got his 1970 Dodge Charger stolen in the Tacoma, Washington area. It is a plum crazy Hemi auto car, no vinyl top. If anybody sees anything or sees any Hemi parts for sale please let us know ASAP.

Rocket Restorations

bad88t-top

How does a car of that caliber get put in a position to get stolen?   Just wondering.  Left out or what?
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

Indygenerallee

Geeze, I hate to say it but a car of that caliber is gone forever, black market sold overseas REBODIED!!! Hope they find it but I hope he had good insurance to get another!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: bad88t-top on September 22, 2012, 09:46:15 PM
How does a car of that caliber get put in a position to get stolen?   Just wondering.  Left out or what?

something fishy going on..I want to know also how does it get stolen of this caliber.

I can see the photo the home looks expensive which means owner has some money which means to me he has a garage which also means he has a good insurance which also means he could get the money back from insurance.

Ok im rambling on and on, but serioulsy did the guy leave the keys in the car and walk away?

Mopar Nut

I'll be on the look out, I hope they can find it.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Benji

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 22, 2012, 11:20:56 PM
Quote from: bad88t-top on September 22, 2012, 09:46:15 PM

something fishy going on..I want to know also how does it get stolen of this caliber.  I can see the photo the home looks expensive which means owner has some money which means to me he has a garage which also means he has a good insurance which also means he could get the money back from insurance.

Insurance fraud will also get you five to ten with time off for good behaviour. 

An expert at car theft could have an old Charger started in under 20 seconds on a bad day (two bobbie pins is all it takes) and be gone in another  five seconds.  Who watches their car every second 24-7-365?

Ben

surmanajaja

IF I owned a Hemi car, or any car that I loved and never wanted to be rid of, I would put 2 hidden locators on it..for example a phone with a GPs on it... I think you have also services like that in the states, they put it in your car and wont even tell you where it is..right..?

hope the car is found, would be a shame if it gets parted..its not really so easy to send it "overseas", not like in the movies, but it does happen,mostly on Ferraris and Mercedes and that type, not really so much with classics.

A383Wing

Friday, September 21, 2012

Classic vehicle stolen
Detectives with the Fife Police Department are seeking assistance from the public regarding the theft of a classic motor vehicle.  Sometime between September 8th and September 20th, a purple 1970 Dodge Hemi Charger was stolen from a warehouse in the City of Fife.  The thieves gained entry into the warehouse by disabling the buildings security system then driving the vehicle from the scene.  The classic vehicle is a very distinct purple color and has the word "Hemi" in white and black on the hood.  The vehicle is estimated to be worth $100,000. 

Anyone with information about the theft or location of the vehicle is asked to contact the Fife Police Department at #253-922-6633.

Posted by Fife Police Department at 4:42 PM

I saw this on the news Friday Night

Bryan

Ghoste

I so hope the bastards get caught.  A high profile car like that could only be laundered by chopping it up or sending it overseas and in either case its gone forever. :flame:

mauve66

i just saw a special on tv about a ring that worked miami, chicago, la and somewhere else.  they didn't just take the fancy  cars, they change the VIN on all kinds of cars and resold them here and put them in containers to go overseas.  its not just merce and ferrari anymore.  people getting money in asia still can't spend the 100K with tarrifs their government puts on certain models so they get them on the black market for 60-70K, simple things like excursions and range rovers, lexus
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

Has this car been brought up to the staff over at MCG, they are pretty good about listing stolen Mopars in their magazine.

bill440rt

Now that's a damn shame.  :'(
Whoever took it (if that's the case), must have had it staked out for quite some time. Hopefully justice prevails.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Indygenerallee

It's funny with all the rebody talk, All one needs to know is watch the original "Gone in 60 seconds" 72 Challenger chop scene!  :lol: :smilielol: But seriously that car is gone forever. A regular "Joe blow" just does not steal a 70 Hemi Charger, it's being rebodied and sold overseas.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ghoste

Overseas it won't even need a rebody, just a good rubdown with cash.  ;)  It could easily be parted out and sold here too, the thieves got it for nothing so it isn't like they appreciate its rarity and want to sell it whole necessarily. :Twocents:
Neither scenario matters if they don't find it soon I guess.  :rotz:

Dodge Don

An alert has been sent out by the 70 Charger Registry to every 70 Charger owner globally to keep their eyes open for this car.

six-tee-nine

I cant imagine a car like that stays in the US. If it goes overseas I dont think it will go to a west European country either You cant keep a car like that submerged over here. Even over the borders to Holland/Germany/Sweden.....the Mopar crowd is so small over here the risk is too high.

My guess is the middle east or Russia or some Balkan state
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Ghoste

Or Asia.  Some big money coming up there now too.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

1970Moparmann

That sucks. 

For the record, I'm in the security industry.  The number one thing people don't do with an alarm system is to protect the phone lines.  Break the line, no monitoring.  No a-days I would back up an alarm system with a video system that can help get evidence and be a little more proactive.  Just my  :Twocents:

What a shame..... I have a thing for Plum Crazy 70's.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Dino

"Sometime between September 8th and September 20th, a purple 1970 Dodge Hemi Charger was stolen from a warehouse"

Well there you go.  It wasn't even at the owner's home.  How you can protect yourself from thieves anyway?  They laugh at the security systems and you'd have to do a lot of work to make the car theft proof if that even exists.  Damn shame but yeah, that puppy's gone.

Oh by the way, when I was a kid driving a 68 I lost my keys from time to time.  Getting in and starting it without doing any damage is as easy as tying your shoe laces, unfortunately.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Benji

Quote from: Dino on September 24, 2012, 08:30:37 AM
"Sometime between September 8th and September 20th, a purple 1970 Dodge Hemi Charger was stolen from a warehouse"

Oh by the way, when I was a kid driving a 68 I lost my keys from time to time.  Getting in and starting it without doing any damage is as easy as tying your shoe laces, unfortunately.

Yup, back in the day I lost my keys for a week or so and I got real good at starting my 65 with two bobby pins.  It took about 10 seconds to remove the socket from the back of the ignition switch.  If I remember correctly I spread one bobby pin out and plugged it into the "Batt" and "IGN" holes and the other went into the "Batt" and "STRT" holes. Once the engine started simply remove the last bobby pin to disengage the starter!

Ben

Ben

charger_fan_4ever

If i was that rich guy that puppy would have been on my property in a garage fenced off, protected by smith and wesson and for extra safety a couple trained rotweillers roaming.

All this advance in security systems ect ect. I went to a place that sold used tires recently. Huge operation with thousands of truck tires/cars ect. Everything is out in the open i was like wft how is everything not stolen. I said this untill the owner took me too the tires and he had 3 or 4 pitbulls on long chains that can roam a large area.

I asked him if he has ever had problems and he said in 20 years not a one.

Sometimes we just need to go back to basics.

Dino

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on September 24, 2012, 11:37:23 AM
If i was that rich guy that puppy would have been on my property in a garage fenced off, protected by smith and wesson and for extra safety a couple trained rotweillers roaming.

All this advance in security systems ect ect. I went to a place that sold used tires recently. Huge operation with thousands of truck tires/cars ect. Everything is out in the open i was like wft how is everything not stolen. I said this untill the owner took me too the tires and he had 3 or 4 pitbulls on long chains that can roam a large area.

I asked him if he has ever had problems and he said in 20 years not a one.

Sometimes we just need to go back to basics.

There's not a security system in the world as effective as canine teeth.  Unfortunately it's not an option for me.  I really should make sure the garage is a bit harder to break in to though.  I can't imagine it would take a thief more than a minute to get in.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1970Moparmann

For little money, a person can get a system that can email, text or call you when there is motion in an area.  There's also a camera that will send a picture of a motion event within seconds of the movement.  I tested this out recently. 

I've been procrastinating about putting my system together, I have what I need.  Just have to get off my ass and do it.  Once it's in place I'll share what I have... :2thumbs:

I see too many people driving in my neighborhood that don't belong looking in garages.  The older I get the more paranoid I get. :eyes:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!