News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

firefighter3931 please look at my Valve pics.

Started by lukedukem, September 22, 2012, 12:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

ok, here are the pic i have of my valves. like i was telling you i don't know if they are factory or aftermarket but you should be able to tell. and still not sure if i bent that rod or if it what was causing the knock. if i order new ones how do i know what to get. and where can i get them from. any suggestions would help... anyone else wonna chime in please do....{a little background, pulled out car and turned it around, put in park and started knocking, took off valve cover on driverside and took off rocker armm assyb. to inspect. put back on(i thought i did it write) then started again to show brother knock and we found the bent rod after that. i'm lost. i didn't even rev it up when turning car around. do you think it is timing jumped or something... idk.. i need help.
thanks guys, i know i'm in the right place.
luke
pic
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

cdr

cant really tell from pic ,but kinda looks like it stuck a valve or broken spring,or both
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

lukedukem

yeah the pic is not good. i'm at work and i just took one that day. the bent rod was further down the line (third cylinder). but i did think about that too. it did have a little sputter or spitting noise while knocking. idk
luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

firefighter3931

Pushrods bend for a reason so i would want to find out why I had a bent pushrod. A sticky valve can cause this. Piston to Valve contact, weak valvesprings, collapsing lifters, assembly error, etc....

I'd start by removing the rocker shafts and compressing all the valves just to see if the amount of pressure required is consistent. Pay close attention to the valve with the bent pushrod. Look at the spring for signs of fatigue or cracks.  :scope:

Mancini Racing has good quality chrome moly pushrods and i would use those to replace what you have now.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

lukedukem

thanks so much for the help ron. gotta build a chicken coop for my wife first but then i'm checking it out.i'll let you know what i found
thanks
luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC