News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK---F & F now has a Daytona?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, September 21, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on September 24, 2012, 05:34:30 AM
F&F is the Rocky of car films.
The first Rocky was actually a decent movie which can't be said about F&F.  Although the first one was pretty good, I would call it the Saw of car films.   :icon_smile_big:

Edit:  Maybe the first F&F was decent, I simply don't remember so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Good point.  I was mainly just reflecting on it going on and on and on with each one more diluted than the last.  I can't say whether the first one was any good or not, it didn't do much for me but I'm hardly the authority on good taste.

Indygenerallee

NOS MAN I NEED MORE NOS, And who can forget the exploding passenger side floorpan equipped green Mitsubishi Eclipse (Which I built a replica of I need to find the CD with those pics!) I had so many kids ask if it had NOS.  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

wingcar

I figure that by F & F number 25 they will using one of the new Challengers..................................
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

DC_1

I thought the last one - Fast Five - wasn't that bad. Better than any of the previous ones IMO. As far as intense action, car chase, explosion, shoot'em up movies go...... I mean put aside the unrealistic plot and feats of diving and you find the stunts are quite entertaining!

Indygenerallee

fast-and-furious-charger-wheelie_2 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr 

The first time I watched F&F 1 I was rolling on the floor from this scene.

bull

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 24, 2012, 09:12:02 AM

fast-and-furious-charger-wheelie_2 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr 

The first time I watched F&F 1 I was rolling on the floor from this scene.

I've always wondered if it would have been cheaper to build a 440 that really would bring the front off the ground rather than build that convoluted hydraulic scissor lift.

Ghoste

I think it would have been costlier and not nearly as dramatic.

JB400

To get the car do do that in real life, you'd have to move the engine inside the car like they did with Hemi Under Glass barracuda.  And no, it won't be cheap.

Dino

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 24, 2012, 12:26:10 PM
To get the car do do that in real life, you'd have to move the engine inside the car like they did with Hemi Under Glass barracuda.  And no, it won't be cheap.

Nah, all you need is power.  There's plenty cars running the strip that will pop a wheelie like that and the engine is still up front.  A mid 60's Dart comes to mind.

JB400

Quote from: Dino on September 24, 2012, 12:30:04 PM
To get the car do do that in real life, you'd have to move the engine inside the car like they did with Hemi Under Glass barracuda.  And no, it won't be cheap.

Nah, all you need is power.  There's plenty cars running the strip that will pop a wheelie like that and the engine is still up front.  A mid 60's Dart comes to mind.
$$$$$$$$$$$$ :icon_smile_tongue:

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 24, 2012, 01:51:29 AM
I'll agree.  I've been watching some more of the spy type films.  Actually, I enjoy the chase scenes in them than I do the race scenes in F&F.  F&F has been lacking a little bit in the girl department lately though.  I will admit the bikini shots in the last one weren't bad, just not enough. :drool5:

Lol the acting isn't just so-so, it's horrible.   Paul Walker sounds like he's gonna say 'dude' after every sentence.  Put him and Keanu Reevs in a movie and it'd make your head explode.

"So, dude.."
"Yes, dude?"
"Dude, you want to go surfing dude?"
"Duuuuude!!!!!"

The cars make the movie watchable.  The hot girls in it aren't even that hot.  One's butchy and the other one's anorexic.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Dino

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 24, 2012, 12:30:52 PM
Quote from: Dino on September 24, 2012, 12:30:04 PM
To get the car do do that in real life, you'd have to move the engine inside the car like they did with Hemi Under Glass barracuda.  And no, it won't be cheap.

Nah, all you need is power.  There's plenty cars running the strip that will pop a wheelie like that and the engine is still up front.  A mid 60's Dart comes to mind.
$$$$$$$$$$$$ :icon_smile_tongue:

LOL yeah it would cost a pretty penny.  But what's a few grand to a movie company?  Even the blower was fake.

JB400

It's Hollywood, everything is fake.  Even Pam is fake. :drool5:

Mike DC

Real (horsepower & tire) wheelies aren't very practical for a film crew.  

It takes an expensive & unreliable custom built car for one shot. The back wheels probably have to be too big.  And it can still barely do the wheelie unless the conditions & road surface are just right.   

They did the wheelies right the 4th F&F movie.  Put a bunch of counterweights onto the car's back bumper and use computer FX to erase the counterweights later.  The end result looks natural and is practical to shoot.

bull

Maybe they should have contacted Lynsi Martinez to figure it out. Steel heads and original carb. :shruggy: She lives in the LA area too. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,90356.0.html

Indygenerallee

Indygenerallee

Also we need massive amounts of smoke when we pull a wheelie, because we all know traction creates a huge burnout!!!  :lol: :smilielol: :rofl:

Ghoste

Thats the dramatic effect I was thinking of, wheelies and tire smoke at once.

Mike DC

The "Dukes" producers veto'd the wheelstander GL that was built because it didn't look enough like the stock version.  Huge 10" wide rims/tires in back and a blown 440 sticking up behind the driver.

If they actually had used stock tires in back (and somehow gotten the front in the air) then it would have just revealed another problem - the body's shape. The front cannot tilt up much before the rear end hits the ground. 

Ghoste

And with multiple takes required for everything, that hydraulic thing makes it so much easier on the film crew and car that I imagine the Dukes crew would be upset they never thought of it if they have seen what F&F did.

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 24, 2012, 07:19:22 PM

If they actually had used stock tires in back (and somehow gotten the front in the air) then it would have just revealed another problem - the body's shape. The front cannot tilt up much before the rear end hits the ground. 

??? Huh? Did you miss the pic I posted above? The one where there's about 5 feet of air between the ground and the front bumper and room to spare in the back?

Ghoste

Yeah but wasn't that wheelstanding GL setup to go waaaaaay up in the air?

Indygenerallee

The stand up General Lee had its engine mounted in the back seat ALA Hemi under glass, and was tubbed heavily, It would have done a wheelie on a dime.

Ghoste

Yeah, and like straight up in the air the way the Hemi Under Glass stood up right?