News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK---F & F now has a Daytona?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, September 21, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

Some teenagers steal hot cars & joyride them into ditches.  It happens.  I don't think a movie is going to have a big impact on the problem one way or the other.

DC_1

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 22, 2012, 11:36:38 PM

Problem I have with movies like this, is that it promotes the destruction of old cars like ours.  People watch what is done on tv and they say " Hey, we have one of those, I wonder if we can make it do that?"

Seriously!.....you really think after seeing a movie like this there is a rash of people taking their cars - or as you suggest, stealing others - to race them through the streets and jump them through the air.....seriously!.....really!

Seems like quite a stretch...

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 22, 2012, 11:36:38 PM
Problem I have with movies like this, is that it promotes the destruction of old cars like ours.  People watch what is done on tv and they say " Hey, we have one of those, I wonder if we can make it do that?"  That is partially why SOME  charger owners dispise DoH.  It'd be nice if Hollywood would just use our cars as either hero cars that don't get destroyed or in a cameo appearance.  They need to help promote how cool these cars are as they are, with out destroying them.

I did not see this happen with the charger and I saw plenty of kids who have watched the movie. All they could talk about was the imports how they were gonna get a empty soup can and put on their exhausts  :rofl:

As for the charger they kids could not afford the charger even before the series came out they were out of their league finanically. 

I can understand where your coming from though, but just one person can watch the movie and that one person is a forum member who gets all excited and then wants to jump their car off a cliff and what not from the movie does damage the reputation of us.

Ghoste

Yeah I think I fear the other directors and producers in Hollywood looking over the F&F shoulder more than anything.  An industry bereft of original ideas is always watching for "it worked there so me too".

Cooter

Looks like a Fiberglass body to me by the drip rails, and a few other things. Sweet, now in the sea of tasteless movies, 'ol Dom Toretto can get the cars guys going yet again.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2012, 08:50:19 AM
Yeah I think I fear the other directors and producers in Hollywood looking over the F&F shoulder more than anything.  An industry bereft of original ideas is always watching for "it worked there so me too".

I remember the fist one came out here in phoenix and boy (I didnt know the movie was about imports at the time, but saw the charger) and noticed all these fart cans going to the valet a whole slew of them like 50 cars all lined up and out walks all these kids like they are movie stars.  I realized the movie was about mainly imports at the time after the show was over.

The real excitment came when after the movie man everyone was revving their engines at stop lights when I left the evening show holy cow.  Everyone was racing everyone in their imports it blew up the import scene like no other. 

Im glad the imports got their notice it pushes the boundry of peoples limits of what can go fast and what not.

In the end fart can or not its how deep your pockets are that will determine how fast you go....YES a 4 banger can beat a BIG V8 with the right amount of cash given to the 4 banger.

Ghoste

Of course throw the same amount of cash at the V8 and the playing field is level again.

hemi68charger

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on September 21, 2012, 10:51:44 PM
Here is another shot

Cool picture... But looks like her fender scoops were amputated..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

JB400

We'll just have to wait and see how this car looks on the silver screen.  From these pics, I'm not diggin it all that well.  It's been shaved of too much of the character to me. It needs the scoops, door handles, different wheels and tires. Nose don't look all that well either.

Cooter

Logical next step as many of the newest "Car Road Race" related Video games have the Daytona in them, so Good 'ol Vinny needs the "King-o-the-hill" Daytona for his own racing enjoyment too.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

hatersaurusrex

As corny as I think these movies are, they are very loyal to putting a Charger in every incarnation.  The last one even had some late model Charger cop cars (along with a bondo-bomb '70).  It keeps me watching them so they've served their purpose.   I doubt I would watch any of them without the Charger connection.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

mauve66

so maybe he'll get a 1st gen in movie 7 or 8.........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

DC_1

Quote from: mauve66 on September 23, 2012, 06:41:58 PM

If he is still around doing 7 and 8 the car might need a Handycap sticker in the window.   :D

Ghoste

Hopefully they won't make it that far.  :lol:

mauve66

i changed my avatar incase they see this thread and wonder what to do for the one after this, hopefully it won't go the way of the volt.....................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

moparstuart

nose looks shortened and molded in  :eek2: :eek2: that being said now all the little tuner kidds will see what a real wing car look like  :nana: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

personally, I would drive that car anywhere & everywhere....the more I look at it, the more I like it

Bryan

bill440rt

I can't see past these movies other than lame with a crappy plot.  :rotz:
Please, kill the series already.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: mauve66 on September 23, 2012, 06:41:58 PM

this is the last and final one.......though not official, but Vin said (he is a producer of them now along with moritz) this will complete the saga. They could make some of the loopholes movies in between tokyo drift and the 4th one.  

Brian has a baby with mia so I cant imagine them having the baby along with their robbing sprees in a baby sparco seat  :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

I've read that they are currently shooting a 6th and 7th movie back-to-back.

But it wouldn't surprise me if they were planning for these two films to be the end of it.

JB400

Personally, I'm getting tired of the series.  At first, I was like "That's cool!"  and "Wow!", now it's like "Well, another movie. I wonder what they're going to do what they haven't done already."  I'd be happy if there was a competing movie with F&F.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 23, 2012, 11:02:08 PM
Personally, I'm getting tired of the series.  At first, I was like "That's cool!"  and "Wow!", now it's like "Well, another movie. I wonder what they're going to do what they haven't done already."  I'd be happy if there was a competing movie with F&F.

FandF is the only movie right now as is about cars, girls, robbery, etc...no other movie is like it right now thats why its so popular with everyone.

hate it or love it does not matter the movie grosses more than it costs to make. The movie is always about the cars in them the acting is so so so people come back for the cars.

JB400

I'll agree.  I've been watching some more of the spy type films.  Actually, I enjoy the chase scenes in them than I do the race scenes in F&F.  F&F has been lacking a little bit in the girl department lately though.  I will admit the bikini shots in the last one weren't bad, just not enough. :drool5:

TiMopar

I heard that that car was in London (England) a couple of weeks ago, hence Tower Bridge being in the background of the first picture. More than that I don't know....

Ghoste