News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I took the old girl out for a ride (I took my wife too)

Started by Argos_Chargers, September 17, 2012, 08:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argos_Chargers

I hadn't really had the '70 Charger out all year, so I decided to give it some exercise on my vacation.  We started in Washington near the Canadian border, went to Palm springs and on to Vegas.  We are now in northern Utah headed home. 

The car has been flawless!  with the small block and 2.76:1 rear end, it just LOVES the freeway.  It has been smooth, running without a hitch and consistenly getting 16+ MPG.  The only problem I have is that when I shut it off for too loong I get vapor lock.  I probably should get a spacer for the carb or something.  Even in traffic at 105 degrees she ran cool and smooth, which is more than I can say for the passengers...no A/C in a triple black car got more than a little uncomfortable!
The way the car drives, the looks and comments it gets, how comfortable it is, I can't imagine a road trip in anything else!  This is why I own, drive and love my Charger!  I'm jsut glad my wife puts up with lots of road time and very little stopping to be a tourist!

Now all I need to do is come into a HUGE wad of cash so I can have the rust taken out and some body work done.

See ya on the road!
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

Ghoste

Sounds like a dream vacation, did you get a bunch of photos?

skip68

Good for you.   :cheers:   X2 on the pictures.  Going through Utah is beautiful.    :icon_smile_wink:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Argos_Chargers

Lame me took the camera, but it never came out oft he case.  Once I'm rolling, I just hate to stop.

After all of my gloating about how well the car did, I lost my starterin La Grande, OR.  I had my floor jack and tool box, but three years abo, I found out doing a starter on your back just isn't that fun...especially when the car s teetering on a floor jack.

I have to give BIG kudos to Legacy Dodge in La grande.  We pulled in about 4:45 PM.  They put it up on the rack and verified teh starter was toasty.  They couldn't get a starter in town, so they ordered me one.  They had me back on the road by 9:30 this morning.  A really GREAT group in that service department!  Plus, I didn't have to spend all that time on my back cussing and swearing as I tried to hold the starter up and get the bolt through.  On top of everything else they didn't charge me an arm and a leg, just a couple of fingers and a little butt fat.

The trip as a whole was great, though, although we got a lot of smoke from wild fires in Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington. 

Take care all!
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

A383Wing

wave as ya drive by our house on yer trip home

Bryan  (Tacoma area)

Brock Samson

Sounds Great but you could stand to lose some,  :lol: :lol: too bad you can't join us for our santa cruz cruise tomarrow like you did in '10.. you intrepid cruiser.   :rofl:!