News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I am interested, what is this car actually worth??

Started by rayderluvr, September 14, 2012, 08:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayderluvr

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/3268274101.html

I value the opinions of the fine folks in this forum. What is the "real life" value of this car?
I am interested in this car, but think they are high on the asking price.....
Thanks!

41husk

If I was in the market $1000 would probably be my high dollar.  I think for an SE he is about double the market.  If it was a 72 rallye in that shape I would think the asking price would be closer :Twocents:  Good luck!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

1974dodgecharger

1000 dollars....thats it. YOu can get a 3rd run gen with the same specs for 1500 bucks.....just sayin.

surmanajaja

its worth under 1k. asking price is ridiculous, for that money you can get driving cars with far better interior and paint.and 3rd gens sell real slow, even nice big block cars can take a long time to sell

Ghoste

Its been sitting outside for years without paint and the photos are a year old?  Just forget about that one completely.

chargd72

Got my '72 SE for $2,200 in much better condition then that.  Asking price was $3k.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

hemi68charger

I think the owner's shooting high to make get a hit (sort of like Skeet)..

Anyways, it's worth no more than, say about $1000 tops...........

But, that's just my humbled opinion...........

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

JB400

I agree with my fellow members on the price to an extent.  It really depends on if the motor runs or not, whether its a rust bucket, and if it has had any previous collision damage or not.  I will say that it does look like it is all there.  With that said, I'm going to say anywhere between $1000 on up to around $2000 at the most.  I haven't been looking at those.  But I've seen 69 charger basket cases go for up to $5000 and sell.  Yes, its nuts, but how bad do you want one?  Depending on your budget and what you want to do with the car, at least go up and talk to the guy or his mom, and really check the car out. Take a friend with you that knows something about cars. 3rd gen charger perfered.  Find out what their bottom dollar is and go from there.  Good luck

Cooter

Sounds like "Sonny" needs a few off the top to pay off some debts....Mom needs to let go of that thing and get over her sentimentalness. It's for sale...Therefore, NO sentimental feelings period. Nobody's gonna pay you for your sentimental feelings.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

NHCharger

I've parted out better looking cars than that. God knows what the frame looks like. IMO he's about 4k too high, and I love the 71-72 Chargers.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Indygenerallee

That car has been listed for a long time.... $1500.00 tops
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1carcrazyguy

I agree with most everyone in the fact that, I would pay $1000 easily!  $1500 MAX  I see it is worth that in parts but with some elbow grease it might be a really nice project hiding in there.

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on September 14, 2012, 11:28:59 AM
Sounds like "Sonny" needs a few off the top to pay off some debts....Mom needs to let go of that thing and get over her sentimentalness. It's for sale...Therefore, NO sentimental feelings period. Nobody's gonna pay you for your sentimental feelings.
Obviously, you should have become a psychologist. They pay you to listen to their sentimental feelings.  :laugh: But, like you said, it doesn't determine the value of an object.

RallyeMike

I would offer $500 to start if the body was reasonably sound. Seeing as how they are asking 8x times that, I wouldnt wast my time.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

1974dodgecharger

your talking 2nd gen though those always fetch a premium even in basket case like I have always said a 2nd gen will fetch more than any other 2 gens spec vs spec and even then...

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 14, 2012, 10:48:55 AM
I agree with my fellow members on the price to an extent.  It really depends on if the motor runs or not, whether its a rust bucket, and if it has had any previous collision damage or not.  I will say that it does look like it is all there.  With that said, I'm going to say anywhere between $1000 on up to around $2000 at the most.  I haven't been looking at those.  But I've seen 69 charger basket cases go for up to $5000 and sell.  Yes, its nuts, but how bad do you want one?  Depending on your budget and what you want to do with the car, at least go up and talk to the guy or his mom, and really check the car out. Take a friend with you that knows something about cars. 3rd gen charger perfered.  Find out what their bottom dollar is and go from there.  Good luck

Scaregrabber

I wouldn't go $1k on that one. $500 is more like it, unless the headlight assemblies are perfect. I don't see much else there.

Sheldon

Paul G

You ask "real life value". That can be answered several ways. I will answer just in dollar value. I am not being cute or trying to offend, IMHO the value is about -$10000. Sounds silly dont it. But thats what it will take in material alone to fully restore that car. You doing all the labor.

I love third gens, they are my favorite Charger. Unless you are willing to restore that car just for the love of doing it, and the money involved is not a concern, walk away.

Now with that said, I hope you do buy it and restore it to brand new. I love third gens!
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

68X426

Paul G is right on.

I'll phrase it this way: when it's your money it's $4k. When it's my money, it's zero.

:horse:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TUFCAT

Its funny that this POS is worth ZERO dollars to me.

FOUR Thousand dollars is a joke! Maybe 10-15 years ago I might have considered 1K for a car in similar shape only because I love 3rd gen chargers. In todays dollars I wouldn't pay anything to acquire a basic 318 SE car that needs everything restored so I could be upside down when finished.  :shruggy:  

This car is only good for parts and most of the good parts are bad.  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

I'd rather spend a year or two saving money to buy a decent a decent Charger Rallye 4-speed or big block auto car.

Cars that are already started (or half completed) save major money and time...and they're out there. :icon_smile_wink:  I'm sure you can find a much nicer car if you spend some extra dough.  :yesnod:  

TK73

'72   318SE ?

$1500 top IF is not rusted out.
$1000 if so-so
On second though... My numbers are probably too high...

Friend found GOOD 73/74 up here for $1600.  MUCH better shape than this one.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

1974dodgecharger

LIke paual G said though if someone 'LOVED' that year charger its worth it to them. YOu have to remember alot of these guys get into mopar to make a buck god knows that mopar is the best muscle cars out of the other cars out there. So when someone sees a charger they see dollar signs and think they can make doulbe the value.

Hence thats why you see, 'once you restore this the value will double saying' those are the folks that dont sheit about mopars....DUMB FCKS!!!  :icon_smile_angry:

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 14, 2012, 07:29:46 PM
Its funny that this POS is worth ZERO dollars to me.

FOUR Thousand dollars is a joke! Maybe 10-15 years ago I might have considered 1K for a car in similar shape only because I love 3rd gen chargers. In todays dollars I wouldn't pay anything to acquire a basic 318 SE car that needs everything restored so I could be upside down when finished.  :shruggy:  

This car is only good for parts and most of the good parts are bad.  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

I'd rather spend a year or two saving money to buy a decent a decent Charger Rallye 4-speed or big block auto car.

Cars that are already started (or half completed) save major money and time...and they're out there. :icon_smile_wink:  I'm sure you can find a much nicer car if you spend some extra dough.  :yesnod:  

VegasCharger

Way too much. I have a rust free 73 SE that runs and drives (needs paint) interior 80% 360 slap stick auto and have it listed for $2800.00

billfury

If you do buy it, make sure you check the cowl, frame rails and tbar cross member. They love to rot out when sitting for a long time out side. :Twocents: