News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Something I saw on supercars

Started by Ghoste, September 11, 2012, 11:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Found this on a sheet of paper today and have no idea who the author is but decided to share;

The concept of the supercar is an interesting development.  Why does late twentieth and early twenty first century society place value upon cars that are so are so extreme and exotic, that try so hard to be out of the ordinary, and often barely function as cars due to their impractibility?  To afford and to drive such cars has taken on very specific and cultural and social meanings.  Depending on your position, you either see such owners as sad fxxxers with a mid life crisis and penile inadequacy, or as purists interested in the development of the car into technical and aesthetic extremes.

Personally I think there are some of both category of owners.

JB400

Then there are owners that fit into both categories. :icon_smile_wink:

bull

The same could be said aboout anything. Why does something have to be practical to be appreciated? Martha Stewart is practical but you don't see pictures of her on locker doors and tool boxes.

JB400

Quote from: bull on September 11, 2012, 02:18:10 PM
The same could be said aboout anything. Why does something have to be practical to be appreciated? Martha Stewart is practical but you don't see pictures of her on locker doors and tool boxes.
Let's put that topic this way,  You hope she's not on any locker doors and tool boxes.