News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK Whos R/T is this ? Photography

Started by Big Sugar, September 04, 2012, 05:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Finn

Ill say!

Very good!! Id buy prints if I had the extra $$$
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Benji

It is a nice snapshot but hardly anything to get all excited about.  He whipped the camera up and snapped the shot, sharpened it in Photoshop and added some contrast, hue and saturation. 

Now if he were a professional photographer and this was a paying shoot there are a number of things that needed to be done.  For example look at the trunk lid. It does not appear to be the same color green as the quarter panel is yet you and I know it is. Adding a flash unit in a softbox or large umbrella back there would have eliminated the color difference.  The bright steak of sunshine on the rear seat could have been very easily fixed by  by simply having some one stand on the other side of the car and use his body to block the sunshine. That way the rear seat would be one color.  The odd reflection in the lower quarter panel is rather distracting also.  BUT it was and is a nice snapshot.

Benji

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nitrus68

Hi Guys, (Big Sugar) thanks for the discussion on my Charger pics. Heck anytime "Anyone" notices them I am surprised and pleased. The picture in question was taken on the banks of Lake Pend Oreille in ID. I was up at Lost in the 50's and took a break from the festivities to try out my new (at the time) camera. It was a beautiful spring evening with sun streaks and long shadows everywhere. I love that time of day, partially because it is a beautiful time of the day "the Magic Hour" and mostly because my light green Charger looks best in that kind of light.  Benji, you are right, I am definitely not a professional photographer, not even close. I took it up for two reasons.

1. I realized that after 33 years of ownership I only had a few pictures of my car and
2. I wanted to keep owning it interesting, long after the option of being able to drive it the way it was intended had past. ;-)

You are also right Benji, I almost always play with the contrast, sharpening, and saturation after I take a picture (as well as a myriad of other things), but I use Paint.Net because it's free and simple and it works great (I have Photoshop but use it less than rarely). The photo on the lake shore was taken in just the kind of light I like, throwing color variations, shadows, and sun streaks all over the place. Someday I may have to try using an external flash and light umbrella; it would be interesting to manipulate the light up front and see how it can turn out. For the moment though, I love taking the natural light and reflections (the lake shore in the quarter panel) and working from there.

If anyone is interested, here's a link to the rest of my photos. Thanks guys. :-)

Scott

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1968_dodge_charger/

Benji

Natural light is usually best. My favorite is heavy overcast in the late afternoon. The light is very soft with no streaks anywhere.

I was a professional portrait photographer for over 30 years and in all that time I was never asked to professionally photograph a car!  I did photograph LOTS of them with the owners in their senior or family portraits but to do just a car by itself never!

I have professionally photographed steam locomotives however.  Now those things are a nightmare to photograph with all that black that sucks up light like you would not believe.  I will post a couple of shots of them tomorrow when I am at my work computer.

Ben