News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 motor ? help with numbers , year ? looks like a forged type balancer ??

Started by moparstuart, August 31, 2012, 09:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: oldcarnut on September 01, 2012, 08:13:14 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on August 31, 2012, 09:29:45 PM
looks like peanut plug heads as well
Bryan

I hadn't heard that term before.  What does that refer too?
i was wondering that too , i think he was hungry and wanted a peanut butter an nanner samich
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

oldcarnut

cdr

Quote from: moparstuart on September 01, 2012, 08:37:01 AM
Quote from: oldcarnut on September 01, 2012, 08:13:14 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on August 31, 2012, 09:29:45 PM
looks like peanut plug heads as well
Bryan

I hadn't heard that term before.  What does that refer too?
i was wondering that too , i think he was hungry and wanted a peanut butter an nanner samich

that would be a bb chevy term,73 up truck 454
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

RECHRGD

I've got a set of '71 346 head that have that same double bar casting.  Just pull a valve cover and check the numbers.  They made plenty of power with a three angle valve job.
13.53 @ 105.32

A383Wing

some mopar big block heads used the peanut plugs from the factory...or the smaller 5/8" plugs to the other guys

Bryan

moparstuart

so anyone got a good used car pan and motor mount brackets  for sale cheap  :shruggy:

FLG

How much you looking to spend? I think you could get the pan and the brackets new from 440 source for about 100$ or so for everything.

ACUDANUT

Stu, I thought you knew your engines better than that. Tisk, Tisk.
Anyway, those are truck engine motor mounts. It is a forged crank. The oil pan will not work. What are you going to do about exhaust manifolds ? Also I would scrap that intake maifold. 
Let me see what I have laying around that might help you.

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 04, 2012, 03:22:11 PM
Stu, I thought you knew your engines better than that. Tisk, Tisk.
Anyway, those are truck engine motor mounts. It is a forged crank. The oil pan will not work. What are you going to do about exhaust manifolds ? Also I would scrap that intake maifold.  
Let me see what I have laying around that might help you.
i knew it was a truck motor was remaned about 40-50 k miles ago .  ,  I was just hoping it was a good truck motor  .  Yes i know i need a pan and motor mounts  ,  Going with stock 69 exhaust manifolds for sure  .  Will be looking for a correct 69 intake and avs  carter for it also

FLG

Have a nice 71 intake stu..not date correct but its one of the best stock flowing 440 intakes, was bead blasted and painted black  :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: FLG on September 06, 2012, 02:33:11 PM
Have a nice 71 intake stu..not date correct but its one of the best stock flowing 440 intakes, was bead blasted and painted black  :shruggy:
man if it was orange i would take it   :smilielol: :smilielol: :nana:    how much  ??  what is bad about this 72 intake on it ?  and will the 71 fit with these head  ?????????

moparstuart

moparstuart