News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are A/C Defrost Vent "hoses" different than Non-A/C hoses????

Started by Mfr426, February 05, 2006, 11:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all, I am finally putting my defrost "hoses" back in my card. I have a whole box of these ribbed hoses both harder plastic and also the fabric ones with the plastic clips on the end. I forget what is the correct one. It looks like my car (which has A/C) uses the fabric and adjustable hoses to go from the outlet of the A/C core to the defrost vent? I initially tried to use the plastic hose and the end would not fit around the outlet of the core so I am guessing that the fabric ones are correct?

If an A/C car uses the fabric hoses for the defrost vents can anyone comment if the Left and Right are the same part???

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Mike R in Reading PA
69 Charger SE Dealer Demo Car

DFS68_Charger

I've got a 68 with A/C. The fabric hoses are correct fot the defrost vents. Mine appear to be the same size left and right. The end of the hose that attaches to the heater core box is larger in diameter than the end that attaches to the dash vent. Hope this helps.

DFS

Mfr426

It does. Looks like I am short one fabric defrost hose.

Greatttttttttttttttttttttt...more delays.

Thanks!

Mike DC

I was looking into the A/C & heater setups on '69s a couple of years ago, and I came away thinking that virtually noting interchanges between the heater and the A/C cars.  Not the underdash box, not the hoses, not the controls, not the dashboard pads & frame . . . not even the firewall on the car was the same.

Mfr426

I agree but think they punched out a hole in the firewall for AC cars. Not sure on the frame either?

Someone in the "parts wanted" shipped me a new set for the cost of shipping alone. I guess it's obvious that A/C equipped muscle cars were an oxymoron..