News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mothers Powerball wheel polisher

Started by TruckDriver, February 04, 2006, 05:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Has anyone tryed it yet? Did you like it? I'm thinking about getting one, but I wanna know if it works as good as they say.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nh_mopar_fan

I've been thinking of picking one up myself.

moparjohn

I like Mothers polish , but this doesn't look like it will last 4 rims! tell me I'm wrong and I'd get one too.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

71charger_fan

I have the Flitz Ball which is pretty much the same thing. I'm happy with it. It doesn't get into the really tight corners such as lug nut recesses but, other than that, it beats the hell out of hand polishing.

Charger4404spd

I was going to get one, but at $25, they can keep it. Guess there trying to get back what they had to pay Foose to endorse it :-\

andy74

i had planned on getting one also,the guy who gets our dealerships body supplies is going to see what a price will be for us,if i like it ill tell ya guys-i should have it by wednesday,and plan to try it asap

BigBlockSam

QuoteI was going to get one, but at $25, they can keep it 
:iagree:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

WM23N1

I wish they had that thing about 20 years ago. My dad used to make me jack up the car, take a rim off, and polish these aluminum slots(on the car behind me in the pic)one at a time with my fingers. Guess he was trying to teach me responsibility or something. My fingers ache whenever i smell aluminum polish now. But it paid off they still shine like new.
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Ghoste

Quote from: WM23N1 on February 06, 2006, 07:10:40 PM
My fingers ache whenever i smell aluminum polish now.

:haha:

I grew up on an orchard and I get the same thing whenever I smell apples.

troy.70R/T

get an Eatwoods catalogue and buy the mag wheel cotton buff and some of the cone buffs for the tight places they are only about 5.oo each

troy.70R/T

Also use  an air die grinder speed is what you need not a slow drill

Silver R/T

it works well, just hard to get in corners and if you got lots of tight spoked rims you wont be happy with it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RamCharger0273

I got one and it is somewhat chewed up but it did all 4rims on my truck and the charger. Also used it for my bumpers on both the truck and charger and it was alot quicker aand easier than doing them by hand. I would say it was worth $21 at advanced auto parts :Twocents:

bill440rt

Damn, this is an old thread!!  :eek2:

Yeah, I was a sucker & bought one, too. I picked up the small "mini-buff" as the Convo Pros have the little ribs in them. I figured the mini would be better at getting into tight places.
The Power Ball proved itself to be the biggest PILE-O CRAP I've ever bought! It PUTS swirls in the wheel rather than removes them. If you're doing an old beat up wheel, or a driver, etc, I guess it's OK. But for a polished wheel that you want to just polish, it sucks. And yes, I bought the Mother's Aluminum Polish that goes with it, which also works like sh*t.

For now, until something better comes along, I'll do it the old fashioned way, by HAND! I use Griot's Garage Mag Wheel Polish, it's the best I've tried yet. Really cleans & polishes, no swirls. I may pick up one of the cotton-fingered buff balls such as a Flitz to try it, it may be gentler than the foam for removing swirls.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

mopar0166

I thought the power ball products worked well on my 69 charger, my 04 wrangler tj , 05 Jeep Liberty(Wife's Car) and 34' Silverton Sports fisherman.  Sometimes you can be disappointed on some outcomes but i usually then figure out the better way to over come that feat.

My over all opinion, is that its great for everyday jobs and some mild corrosion but I wont rely on it to solve all your problem areas.   I would definitely buy it again to use on plastics, chrome and aluminum.

Id rate it about a 7 out of ten , because it can cut cleaning time down and will help with mild corrosion on metals.  Worked awesome on my plastic windows.   
Down side is it wont cure deep fading or corrosion and it needs cleaning after every job.   

stevekarlo

I bought one and put it on my cordless drill/driver. Didn't do a great job. So I thought maybe faster would help so I put it on my high speed drill. It blew it apart. And for $25 bucks I'd like to use it more than a couple of times, so its back to the Hand work for me.

A383Wing

I bought one...have used it on 8 wheels so far....my mags turned out great...look as good as when I bought them. I use a 3/8" variable drill motor with mine...the power ball has held up well....just a couple of tears in it...but it works great.

What took me all day to do the 4 wheels on my 66 Charger...now only takes an hour from start to finish

Bryan

Charged

I bought the large PowerBall to polish the headlamp lenses on my '98 Avenger. I sanded them with 1500 then 2000. I applied Meguiars "Plast-X" and put the ball to work. It immidietly made them look like new.

Due to the success I had with the large one, and Mothers products in general, I will be purchasing the mini-ball as well for use on my rims and whatever else it might work on.

hutch

I have used the large ball for the last year now, it works great on my wheels.  I put some turtle wax on my wheels with a rag, then once it starts to setup, i hit it with the ball and they come out looking great in no time.  I use it on my bumpers as well.   :2thumbs:
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

71 B5383

Wish I had time to sit around and think of something lame to sell to people. There is an ass for every seat. Yes,I've tried it several times,I would give it a 4 out of 10. Our detailers(9) at work wont use them anymore,and have gone back to the old school. They spend more time bitching about it than using it. Silly I tell ya'...,silly!  :rotz:
Should've Kept My '66,That Was 6 Cars Ago
Currently-
  Rust Free 71(383,GB5,HardTop) Charger
  Soon To Be An FJ5 Stock 69 440 Magnum'd 3.55'd
   Correct "LOOKING" Super Wanna Bee
        (by the way,gotta 71 Super Bee hood 4 sale?)
           some cash and my 72 Power Bulge hood?