News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best Interior Parts Source?

Started by RallyeMike, August 14, 2012, 11:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

I'm looking at switching my 69 interior from black, back to the correct white. I'm not in a hurry so I'll try and take advantage of a group buy or seasonal discount. I need it all - headliner, seat covers, carpet, and upper and lower door panels.

Given cost, shipping, and customer service, I'd be curious to get some feedback on what you think the best current resources that are out there?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

moparguy01

I go through Legendary directly. Have never had a problem. When I've bought Legendary product from vendors however it has caused he some issues.

Ghoste

Really?  What kind of problems, product or more the service part of it?

RallyeMike

I have not been paying attention to pricing. Does Legendary offer occasional sales or discounts like some of their suppliers do? I typically avoid Year One due to the rediculous S&H quotes they have given me in the past, but 20% off can make up for it.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

moparguy01

They do, but not as often as some of the suppliers. I have heard of a supplier that sponsors moparts who is real good to work with, but can't remember the name right now. If I remember I'll post it up.

macca3441

I can vouch for Dante's!
I got an entire interior from him.
Awesome service, and great price.
He supplies Legendary, and his price was better than if I'd bought direct from them!
You wont go wrong....great guy!

Wade

B5charger

I just had Legendary seat covers and carpet put in.  No issues with fitment and it looks great.

moparguy01

Quote from: Ghoste on August 14, 2012, 12:42:31 PM
Really?  What kind of problems, product or more the service part of it?

I bought from a vendor for AMC parts. I was doing an AMX. they forget the headrest covers and refused to admit they werent in there. I called legendary about it and they apologized for their vendor, and then sent me out the headrest rush shipping. Ever since I just go directly through them, They took care of me where the vendor failed miserably. The vendor is out of business now.

And Dante's was the good one from the moparts board I had mentioned about hearing good things of.

Ghoste

Yeah I have heard a lot of good things about Dante's as well but I have no personal experience.

Troy

Dante is generally cheaper than buying direct from Legendary - even if he drop ships it. I don't even bother calling anyone else unless it something he doesn't carry for some reason.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just be careful about getting "Dash Top" products from Dantes. I bought a set of kick panels from them which came as Dash Tops. They were crap and I wouldn't install them on anything other than a 20' beater.

Ghoste

Did you try to return them or take the hit?

Unfortunately I took the hit  :rotz:  It would have cost me half the price of the kick panels to send them back.

Granted they are better than nothing, but my originals weren't too bad so I used them instead.

Ghoste

Return policies are a big thing but I understand it from Dante's end too I think.  Do you feel the product wasn't accurately represented by Dante's?

Sort of, there was no picture or much of a description. I just looked and they are $110 a pair  :o  Not only is the grain like something you'd find on a stone house they use a plastic spacer behind the kick panel rather than a molded standoff. I could live with the spacer if my panels were trashed but the grain I could not.

Edit: I just looked at my invoice and I paid $110   :rotz:

Ghoste

Yeah then, in a case like that I don't see their side so much.  You should be able to see a decent picture of a part like or at least have a description to the effect of "replacement quality only, not concours correct".

As much as I try to avoid year one they do a good job to try and depict grains and colors. BE&A does good quality reproductions also. Between Legendary and BE&A you should be able to get most things.

Troy

FYI: Dante is very honest so if you see that he carries a couple different brands (or if you just want to know the true quality of the part) just ask him. He steered me away from some things on my Cuda - and not just because the other parts were more expensive. Some things he warned me about and he was right! That car's interior was spring loaded when I got done (from forcing certain plastic parts to fit).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

I wish I knew this beforehand. Sometimes I feel like an ass asking so many questions about things.

Ghoste

You have to ask because thats how we collectively grow this into the worlds largest and foremost Charger database.

After receiving so many wrong and mislabeled parts/ hardware I had poor Bill on the phone for just over an hour making sure he had the correct stuff.

Tying up the loose ends is definitely the hardest part in my opinion.

RallyeMike

QuoteYou have to ask because thats how we collectively grow this into the worlds largest and foremost Charger database.

Yup. I'm tired of spending hours and hours trying to separate the garbage from the good stuff, figuring out if there is good customer service or not, and then sometimes finding that even still ....... I got fooled again.

I have not purchsed a single restoration interior part for at least 10 years, so I have been in the dark. The real world, current, and detailed feedback is much appreciated. Thanks guys.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

RallyeMike

How about PG Classics listed on eBay? Anyone buy from them?

Legendary Upper door pads = $495 (catalog price)

PG Classics = $275 (ebay store price)

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"