News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rostra Cruise Control installed!

Started by elacruze, August 09, 2012, 08:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elacruze

Pics to come...

Install was simple, though it took some hours to make myself happy with the wiring harness and routing. The Rostra unit won't work with the stock CC turn signal stalk (turns out mine has a bad set switch anyway) so I toggled the power and used a 2-way momentary rocker for set/resume functions. I put both switches in the steering column lower cover, tucked nice out of the way but handy to reach.
The only aggravations were splitting the wires from the Gear Vendors signal generator (I used phone wire jacks/splitter from Radio Shack) and figuring out the switching-Rostra was not only unhelpful, but actually rude on the tech line when I told them I wasn't using their switches. They went beyond telling me they couldn't help me, the guy said 'If you aren't using our switch, I can't talk to you. Goodbye. Click.'. So I spent about 3 hours searching forums before I found somebody who knew how to switch it-the schematics in the Rostra install paperwork intentionally leaves out the power switching circuit which isn't obvious because they use a board with a latching circuit in their switches.
Initial test drive shows very smooth action on the lowest action setting, good response and smooth control.

Anyway, I'm going to Orlando this weekend and I'll post the pics and report mileage/performance when I get back.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

elacruze

Pics

1. Control box mounted to inner fender
2. Split signal generator line
3. Throttle cables
4. Switches
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.