News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vacuum gauge

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, July 30, 2012, 09:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

wondering if any of you run a vacuum gauge in the car? what are your thoughts on it?

c00nhunterjoe

I knew. Guy that ran one for fuel economy so I briefly ran one. I find it pointless for anything other then tuning a carb or looking for a problem. That said, its a diag tool, not a monitering device needed in a dash.

A383Wing

I got the factory Mopar unit on the console in the Daytona, and a 2" one from Glowshift in the pillar pod in the Dakota (bottom one is vacuum, top one is air-fuel gauge)

I find them useful while driving

Bryan

justcruisin

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 30, 2012, 09:46:23 PM
I knew. Guy that ran one for fuel economy so I briefly ran one. I find it pointless for anything other then tuning a carb or looking for a problem. That said, its a diag tool, not a monitering device needed in a dash.
I agree, can't see the point in monitoring vacuum, hook one up for tuning for sure or if you have a problem.

XH29N0G

My dad installed one on his cars (1 charger and 1 pinto wagon) in the 1970's.  I have childhood memories of him describing to my mom that she should keep the vacuum as high as possible at all times while driving.    :icon_smile_big:  I guess they got better gas mileage that way.  The only comment I heard from my mom was that she liked the charger because it could accellerate faster and was therefore safer for merging onto highways. :smilielol:

I bet there are other reasons, but I don't run one.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....