News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speedo gear question

Started by randy73, July 28, 2012, 09:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

I am putting in a 46rh into my 73, PATC sent me a 32 tooth speedo gear, but the gear is smaller than my 31 tooth and won't work. So, if I stick with my 31 tooth and I have 15" tires, how much will that throw my speedometer off?

randy73

Why I should not work on the car when I am tired, woke up and looked at the housing and realized it was adjustable, so the 32 tooth gear works.  :brickwall:  :brickwall:

Troy

Glad you figured it out! I was stumped the first time I looked at one too.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

c00nhunterjoe

You need to know your tire size and rear gear ratio to determine what tooth pinion you need

randy73

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 29, 2012, 11:36:52 AM
You need to know your tire size and rear gear ratio to determine what tooth pinion you need

I already did, thanks. That is why I am going to 32, from 31.

PS: If anybody needs a new log shaft 31 tooth, I have one.  :icon_smile_big:

oldkimmer

.........I'm a thinking u need a few more teeth than that, unless it was out the other way b 4 .......kim....
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!