News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reality check:Unanswered questions about the Colorado massacre

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, July 26, 2012, 11:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

I'm sure there are.  However, they aren't listed at that link.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ACUDANUT

Who needs Questions. I just want justice.  Give him a slow painful death.

Mike DC

The only thing even slightly unusual about the incident is that he picked a midnight showing of a superhero flick to shoot up.  Most outsiders would be a little bit less likely to wanna harm that crowd. 

HPP

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 26, 2012, 11:52:09 AM
Some good points...............

Not really. All those question have been asked, answered, and are part of the investigation now. Sorry, no big conspiricy to it.

Quote from: TheGhost on July 26, 2012, 12:27:26 PM
I'm sure there are.  However, they aren't listed at that link.

Agreed. 

Since I'm some what more local to it than that reporter, maybe I'm hearing more detail about it than he cared to go look into. But then again, there is no sensationalism is saying the investigation is under way and running its course.

bull

One thing he says that I agree with is the idiocy of the national media's politicization of the shooting. I wonder how many minutes, under the guise of "news reporting," it took them to launch another foolish attack on our 2nd Amendment rights? Of course their cronies in DC are more than happy to pick up the ball and try running with it, but they'll fumble it again soon enough.

Budnicks

Quote from: bull on July 26, 2012, 04:18:57 PM
One thing he says that I agree with is the idiocy of the national media's politicization of the shooting. I wonder how many minutes, under the guise of "news reporting," it took them to launch another foolish attack on our 2nd Amendment rights? Of course their cronies in DC are more than happy to pick up the ball and try running with it, but they'll fumble it again soon enough.
:2thumbs:  just a knee jerk reaction again, to a despicable persons actions & horrible isolated incident, the liberal left/anti-gun crowd is trying to capitalize on yet again....  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

I know I will probably catch flack for this by the liberals but, they know this guy did it, he sat in his car & waited for them to arrest him, he has confessed & told the police he booby trap his apartment also, why is this guy even on trial ??, why isn't this guy in front of a firing squad ?? that's all rhetorical questions, I already know the answers to...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Tilar

Quote from: Budnicks on July 26, 2012, 04:50:53 PM
I know I will probably catch flack for this by the liberals but, they know this guy did it, he sat in his car & waited for them to arrest him, he has confessed & told the police he booby trap his apartment also, why is this guy even on trial ??, why isn't this guy in front of a firing squad ?? that's all rhetorical questions, I already know the answers to...

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Mike DC

ac_knight

I will have to say that Christian Bale is a stand up guy.  He took time to visit the wounded in the hospital.  I have heard he was hard to get along with, but he earned some respect by showing he cares.

elacruze

...because nobody in that theater was allowed to exercise their 2nd amendment right to bear arms. Had I been in that theater, he'd be a dead duck.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Patronus

Quote from: elacruze on July 26, 2012, 10:11:20 PM

...because nobody in that theater was allowed to exercise their 2nd amendment right to bear arms. Had I been in that theater, he'd be a dead duck.
Shits flyin, I dont believe for a second you could've got a shot off.. One things for sure.. in a second I'd be on him. And in that second Im not too sure he'd make it out.
edit: all pissin' aside I have a question, if I may? I just don't understand who goes into a movie and starts up? The more I think about it the less I understand. A bank? Sure. The DMV? Ok. Congress, big oil, etc. I can see. But to just walk in a setting like that.. I just don't know that person. Born and raised free. So free they know no different... I just don't understand.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

derailed

You should be catching just as much flack from any God fearing right wing christian that practices what they preach. I know, rarely done. What do the ten commandments and your bible say about that?

ACUDANUT

ITSA426

I don't think anymore should be said about this.  The shooter's name should never be mentioned.  He should get no more news coverage, or opinion pieces, or any other publicity.  If his name is never mentioned publicly it would take some of the thrill and notoriety from him.

People should not speculate about what they would have done.  We don't need talk of amateur firefights in a dark theater filled with civilians.  Life is not a video game.

There need not be anymore talk about second amendment rights from people willing to give up the first amendment or any other constitutional protections.  

I think it's a time for common sense and cooler heads.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: ITSA426 on July 27, 2012, 09:15:00 AM
I don't think anymore should be said about this.  The shooter's name should never be mentioned.  He should get no more news coverage, or opinion pieces, or any other publicity.  If his name is never mentioned publicly it would take some of the thrill and notoriety from him.

People should not speculate about what they would have done.  We don't need talk of amateur firefights in a dark theater filled with civilians.  Life is not a video game.

There need not be anymore talk about second amendment rights from people willing to give up the first amendment or any other constitutional protections.  

I think it's a time for common sense and cooler heads.

You win the internet.

Tilar

Quote from: derailed on July 27, 2012, 01:41:09 AM
You should be catching just as much flack from any God fearing right wing christian that practices what they preach. I know, rarely done. What do the ten commandments and your bible say about that?

The bible also says to obey the laws of the land, And here's another a little "FYI", Turning the other cheek doesn't mean you're supposed to sit by and let some asshole shoot you dead.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Indygenerallee

QuoteThe bible also says to obey the laws of the land, And here's another a little "FYI", Turning the other cheek doesn't mean you're supposed to sit by and let some asshole shoot you dead
Exactly!  :2thumbs: "Tooth for a tooth and a eye for a eye" This coward needs to hang... No need to waste good ammo on him!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Cooter

I blame the media. They are so focused on what sells today that they will sensationalize this type of sh*t until your 15 min. of fame isn't on YouTube anymoree, it's all over the world in minutes. How many times to you hear bout GOOD things people are doing round the world? How many times does that story go "Viral"?

Simple, We as a society, are fasicnated by these types and what makes them do this. Therefore, the media will continue to cover it, these types will continue to be famous by doing this type of sh*t.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

RECHRGD

Exactly!!!!  How many millions of taxpayer dollars will be spent putting him through the legal process just to find out how many times Mommy locked him in the closet as a child???
13.53 @ 105.32

Steve P.

Time to turn it down in here..

Everyone here knows that we do NOT talk POLITICS or RELIGION here....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Chad L. Magee

Here are the facts that I have heard about the case so far:

The shooter was a PhD canidate in Neuroscience at DU.  He had perfect grades before entering that school, but started faultering during the year.  He failed an oral exam, which can be critical in getting a PhD.  (I had to take and passed the dreaded oral exam, basically a pre-defense, so I can understand the level of stress that it can take on someone's mind.  You have to accept the judgement of professors on your answers to their questions, reguardless of your past merits in school.  We did have one student that became quite vendictive in his actions after he failed, as he had to return back to his homeland without a degree.)   Because the shooter was a perfectionist before this, he had a hard time accepting failure and something snapped inside his head leading to his plans that he did do.  Is this an acceptible answer for what he did?  No, but it does explain how his mind was operating shortly before he started down his road to nowhere....

This was a planned attack.  He had equipment equal to law enforcement, with the exception of one thing and that helped him get picked out by the law.  He had to have some training in this process...

He sent a notebook describing his plans to a school phsycologyst.  It was not found until after the shooting.  Could someone have acted if it was found earlier?  Maybe, but then you just do not know what people are really thinking at any time, even when they show you something....

As for the choice of location, he was infatuated with Batman and specifically the Joker image, which he likely saw himself as that character.  He also likely chose this place as it would have a large amount of unarmed people present, dark, few exits to escape and being playing the movie that he believed he was part of....  

He also booby-trapped his apartment as a means of creating more of a Joker image for himself.  At the time of the shooting, he had a timed blaring of techno music coming from his apartment in the hope that law enforcement would barge in and set off the explosives, killing even more people in the frey.  His neighbors were very lucky that his plan did not go as he had intended.  The information on how to build the explosives is easy to find on the internet and so are the chemicals.  To me, this is a bit more scary that someone shooting a gun....  
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......