News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Changing Headlights on a 3rd Gen?

Started by moparfreak, July 24, 2012, 09:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparfreak

I feel kind of stupid, but I'm trying to figure out how to get the high and low beam headlamps switched out, and it kind of seems like the entire grill assembly needs to pull off from the front in order to get the lamp out, is this true? It seems like the headlamps should turn and pull out or something, but I can't get them to budge. Getting at all the screws holding the bezels in from the back seems impossible short of taking off the fenders (to get at the side screws) and the lower valence (to get at the lower ones).

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Adam

FLG

Theres a few screws in the grilles (each come out independently) remove the screws, grills will come right out. Than remove the 3 screws around the headlight bezel, this will remove the light and the bezel. Now is a good time to clean the connectors using this method

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,70039.0.html

Put some dialectic grease in the connectors to stop future corrosion.