News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Challenger convertible on Fleming's

Started by tpetty, July 24, 2012, 05:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpetty

Had my '70 Challenger for sale on the site here a few months ago.  Buyer for Fleming's Ultimate garage saw it on Carsonline, and I sold it to them.  They changed some minor things -- new wheels, a console, new air cleaner, took off the side stripe.  It's for sale on their site.  (Which reminds me, I need to change my avatar pic)

http://www.flemingsultimategarage.com/1970-dodge-challenger-440-6-convertible--c-1706.htm

The asking price is almost double what I sold it for.  I realize they have put some money into it, and need to make money -- but doesn't it strike anyone as strange that in the 10 minute video it's never mentioned the car isn't a real RT -- and started out with a V6 and automatic???????????

Dino

So is the posted vin wrong?  G code stands for 318 V8.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tpetty

My mistake -- not a V6, but a 318.  My point is that it's a clone.  I bought it knowing that, and it's easy to determine from the VIN -- it just seems that somewhere in the print ad or video that would be made clear to buyers.  It was certainly laid out that way when I advertised it.  I know that "buyer beware" - but come on. 

Maybe I'm in the minority, and others don't think a seller should state that a car isn't "real."

Dino

Quote from: tpetty on July 24, 2012, 06:03:07 PM
My mistake -- not a V6, but a 318.  My point is that it's a clone.  I bought it knowing that, and it's easy to determine from the VIN -- it just seems that somewhere in the print ad or video that would be made clear to buyers.  It was certainly laid out that way when I advertised it.  I know that "buyer beware" - but come on. 

Maybe I'm in the minority, and others don't think a seller should state that a car isn't "real."

Oh no you are totally correct.  This is a misleading seller and if he does not correct when it sells it will be fraud.  $60K for a clone, that does sound a bit high.

Homerr

"I guess when they restored this one they forgot to put the R/T badges on."

Looks like a great car none the less.

1974dodgecharger

charger01

Quote from: Homerr on July 24, 2012, 07:00:02 PM
"I guess when they restored this one they forgot to put the R/T badges on."

Looks like a great car none the less.

He did say at the end that the car was restored and reproduced, but never outright said it was a clone.  Very misleading ad, but that car sounds badass!!!

tpetty

It is a rocket, no doubt.  Engine has over 500 hp.  3.91 Rear end, so it went stop light to stop light like a bat out of hell -- but wasn't much fun at 3500 RPM on the highway.

Dino

I inquired about this and got a reply stating that of course it was not a real R/T as the price would be much much higher.  Uhm....why?

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Is their "value guide" for real? Savings??

NADA: $74,500
Savings of $14,510
Offered price: $59,990

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on July 26, 2012, 12:18:10 PM
Is their "value guide" for real? Savings??

NADA: $74,500
Savings of $14,510
Offered price: $59,990

come dude they inflated the numbers you know better.....

myk

I don't see a problem.  If I ever sell my car it will be for at least $500,000 and it's a salvaged car.  It has custom door sills and everything...