News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969-1/2 A12 cars and values

Started by Ghoste, July 24, 2012, 08:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I know there are a couple of people on here who keep close tabs on the Six Pack Super Bees and Six Barrel Road Runners, do you think they are still as highly rated as they were just a few years ago?  It seemed like they were one of the last Mopars to get caught up in the last price spike and since the bubble burst I haven't really heard much about them.  It seems like the TA cars have started to come down and they were right in about the same niche.

Robert96

I don't know how high they actually got but they are still carrying big price tags. But what the heck do I know. Everything is a big price tag to me!!

69 OUR/TEA

It seems that Hemi cars,Winged cars,A-12,T/A cars,BB six pack cars have come down,as they should,but are still holding decent prices.With any car of specific demand,rarity,muscle,etc,the price range can be all over the spectrum as per the quality of the car.A car restored to a high caliber will still sell,as long as it is not priced with out of control expectations,IMO.
Even though there are alot of buyers out there that are not that in tune with a quality job,most that have that kind of $$$$ to drop have an eye for quality,and know when to pull the trigger.
For instance,I've seen an AAR for $54,900 still for sale and others for $90's sell,why so much price difference?Park the two side by side and go over them with a fine tooth comb,check detail,correctness,eagle eye the body/paint/sanding and buffing,etc.The hundereds of hours more spent on the upper level car will prevail. :Twocents:

As far as the A-12 cars,I love them,would love to have one,speaking for myself I would put them in the same category of pricing with the T/A challys and AAR's.Some would pay more for an A-12,while others prefer the T/A cars.They each have their own unique characteristics about them,A-12's stripped down,steel wheel,lift off hood,BB six barrel,no frills,go tear azz at the dragstrip effect.
And the T/A cars SB six pack engines,side exhaust, higher arched rear leafs for raked stance,fresh air hoods,stripes,spoilers,and meant to run with the Z28's and Boss 302's in TransAm racing.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Mytur Binsdirti

I really want an A12 Road Runner.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Budnicks

I'm not sure why the 69.5 A-12 440/6bbl RR's & 440 Six Pack Bees have drooped in price so much, I'm glad to see it coming back to reality though, from the 2006-2007 levels $125k, I've seen a few very clean 69.5's A-12's go really cheap like the high $60k's, just like the AAR's & T/A's they were $100k now high $50k's sometimes, 1/2 of the 2006-2007 highs.... The Mopar collector car market has always been fickeled...

Ghoste

Did it seem to you also that they were like one of the last ones to go way up in value?

Budnicks

Quote from: Ghoste on July 24, 2012, 02:19:44 PM
Did it seem to you also that they were like one of the last ones to go way up in value?
Now that you mention it, yes, I hadn't thought of that before...

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: Budnicks on July 24, 2012, 02:09:56 PM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on July 24, 2012, 09:33:45 AM
I really want an A-12 Bee
Me too...

I f'n love that car...... Shawn that  is doing my restoration has an original a 12 bee he's trying to sell but it needs a full resto and is a pretty penny .....there was clone to that car you posted for $45k at Moparfest last year
AMD POSTER BOY

RIDELIKEHELL

Sorry i lied it was a Green  RR for $48 k
AMD POSTER BOY

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on July 24, 2012, 03:34:08 PM

I talked to that guy extensively at Carlisle. His advertised price was way to high for a clone & I really think that car could be bought in the low-mid 20s. In reality, it's just a driver quality 383 Road Runner with a couple thousand dollars in add-on parts.

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 24, 2012, 04:12:39 PM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on July 24, 2012, 03:34:08 PM

I talked to that guy extensively at Carlisle. His advertised price was way to high for a clone & I really think that car could be bought in the low-mid 20s. In reality, it's just a driver quality 383 Road Runner with a couple thousand dollars in add-on parts.
priced way to high for clone .....those pics are from Moparfest 2009
AMD POSTER BOY

TheAutoArchaeologist

I just found 4 in a barn... must not be that rare.... but 2 were Road Runner and 2 were Superbees. 

There was some Hemi Cars though I spent more time with....

Ryan

Actually I will follow this post, see what people think.

Ryan

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Devil on July 24, 2012, 05:06:58 PM
I just found 4 in a barn... must not be that rare.... but 2 were Road Runner and 2 were Superbees. 

\
Are they for sale, or are they going to just sit there & rot?

Scaregrabber

I think Hemi's have dropped the most. Either Hemi's are going to come back up a bit or the other stuff like A-12,s wings and T/A's and AAR's are still going to drop a bit more.
A-bodies are way up compared to B and E's historically as well.

Sheldon

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 24, 2012, 06:08:42 PM

\
Are they for sale, or are they going to just sit there & rot?

They will be sitting for a little while yet.

Robert96

Make mine a A12 Super Bee in any color. I did see a Butterscotch one on Ebay or something and it was most beautiful. The only one I ever saw in that color. So what are they selling for now? It looks like I must be seeing only the overpriced ones.

Mytur Binsdirti

Personally, I feel that a very nice quality matching numbers "driiver" that needs nothing, or very little, should be priced in the low-mid-60's. A rotisserie restoration will fetch more.

paironines

Im not sure about restored cars but the A12 projects ive seen or heard about selling are:
Local Indy Bee $7500 extremely wrecked and rusty
Last years nats orange Bee driver/racer 25k
Georgia bee butterscotch rough but complete 20k
Georgia RR butterscotch 14k decent car I hear.

moparstuart

Ryan

Actually I will follow this post, see what people think.

Ryan
someone forgot to pin that baby on  :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Robert96

Wow a butterscotch Roadrunner ! Is it on Craigslist or something.