News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ChargerBill here - Hey guys...LONG TIME! How is everyone? - Selling parts

Started by ChargerBill, July 20, 2012, 09:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 21, 2012, 04:51:19 AM
Good to hear from you Bill. I know to much about selling cars to make the now EX wife happy. That's how I lost my '74 Rally (1 of 94) and my '69 Charger. Best of luck Bill, by the way, I used to be DodgeChargerGuy  ;)

BTW... where is that beauty?  Seen a photo you posted some years back
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Steve P.

Holy shit!!!!!  Bill, how the hell are you??? ChargerBill was one of the very first people I spoke with on this site.. Man, that had to be 100 years ago!!! How are ya brother????

Man, toss up the life story since you left.. Daughter married now is she?? hahaha....

Welcome back brother....    :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ChargerBill

Hey Troy, Steve, Bull...long time. Last time I was here you were MIA Troy...looks like that all worked out. Good to see you.

OK guys, here's a link to the parts I'm selling:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,93782.0.html
Life is a highway...

ChargerBill

I was going to post pics but it looks like I have to have a place to upload them first...
Life is a highway...

ChargerBill

Long story short, wife hid that she had become addicted to pain meds and was popping Vicodin and Hydrocodone daily...stealing it from med cabinets. Also had a $16 a day cigarette, energy drink, energy tablet and chewing gum habit...do the math, and lied that she had quit smoking. Lied about spending money, refused to cook dinner, was an OCD clean freak / germaphobe and was so angry and uptight all the time that she had IBS and/or constipation daily. She was a gem...lol. Shows you that the pretty ones aren't always a prize.

My daughter had a baby 4 months ago and is suffering from severe postpartum depression, so I am raising my granddaughter at the moment. I'm currently a parts and service manager at a very large, nationally known RV dealership. I get paid peanuts for what the job is worth, but the paychecks are steady and I really need something reliable and steady right now.

I'm currently restoring / rebuilding the 1956 Chevy pickup that I got from my grandfather 26 years ago. I'm doing the entire project on my own and have so far rebuilt, restored or replaced every mechanical component on the truck. It has a high compression '67 Vette 327 putting out close to 400hp, a 4 spd Muncie M22 Rockcrusher, front disc brakes, front and rear swaybars, a 10-bolt '83 Z28/Cop Caprice posi rear axle, dropped 7 inches in the rear, 6 inches in the front (not lowrider style - hot rod style), is running polished Ansen wheels, etc... (sorry, I know, not a Mopar and not a Charger, but it's what Ive got to play with for now)

A lot of good and bad has happened the last few years, but I'm alive and kicking, so I can't really complain.
Life is a highway...

firefighter3931

Quote from: ChargerBill on July 27, 2012, 12:55:40 AM
A lot of good and bad has happened the last few years, but I'm alive and kicking, so I can't really complain.

Hey Bill,

Hopefully the good times are ahead of you....the bad times, behind.  :yesnod:

Good to hear that you're managing fine despite all the termoil.  :2thumbs:

Congrats grandpa !  :cheers:

Post some pics of your project when you get a chance....i'm sure your Grandpa would be proud & pleased with the work you've done.  :coolgleamA:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

WOW!!!!  At least you are staying busy and keeping the wrenches greased up...  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

Wow, sounds like an eventful past couple of years. Or has it been longer? Sorry the marriage didn't work out. That's a real bummer.

TruckDriver

Well, Bill, Us old timer forum members missed you, and care about you. Sounds like you got a cool pickup your working on too. But as they like to say......

:D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerBill

I missed you guys too. I spent a LOT of time in here a few years ago.... I guess losing the Charger was a bigger blow than I thought it would be because for a while I couldn't even look at them without kicking myself in the ass.

Life goes on...the worst that can happen is we end up 6 feet under, and that's going to happen no matter what, so why stress and worry?

The body is off the '56 right now...I decided to make it easy on myself instead of trying to work around sheet metal. Besides, I'm not as flexible and resilient as I used to be, and haunching over a fender or contorting to reach a hidden bolt and snap, my back is out or I've pulled a muscle. I could take pics, but it's apile of parts at this point with a clean frame and axles. The engine is on a stand, the Muncie is tucked away in plastic, the radiator is out being pressure tested, and I'm waiting for a fuel tank that I'm installing under the bed so I can get the old one out of the cab. I'm not modernizing this thing in many ways other than safety (disc brakes and gas tank) and convenience (hidden hook-up for my iPod)...I'm trying to stay as 50's / 60's period correct for a hot rod as I can.

I will post pics when it starts going back together...
Life is a highway...