News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where should I mount my front speakers?

Started by 70 Charger RT, July 20, 2012, 03:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 Charger RT

I'm installing a new front speaker for my original radio in the dash centre, but I'm looking for a place to mount 2 front 5" round stereo speakers for my deck?  I don't want to cut holes in my door panels and there's no room behind the kick panels.  Anyone have an idea?
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

twodko

Yep,

Search the Crutchfield site, they make small speaker enclosures that fit under the seat.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

They don't sound muffled under the seat?

twodko

Hey Ghoste,

I have not listened to a pair but it's another option for speaker placement. If my door didn't have cutouts I would have given these some serious thought. Crutchfield has an excellent return policy, I would buy from them, treat them with care and try them out.  :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

Oh for sure I think its preferable to cutting up an older car, and I agree its worth knowing if it works or not.

Under the seats is the best possible alternative to modifying anything. Back n Black put them in his fresh air vent. Someone else put them in the door and cut the cardboard out behind the door panel so you'd never know they were there.

471_Magnum

A dual voice coil speaker in your factory opening is going to be your cleanest hack-free option. I run one of these in my 72 RR and is sounds pretty good.

http://www.casmfg.com/DVC_Speakers.htm

$55 on Ebay
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Ghoste

Reaching way back here Magnum, but didn't you have a set of speakers mounted under the seats in the "Freak Magnet"?

471_Magnum

Quote from: Ghoste on July 22, 2012, 09:25:59 AM
Reaching way back here Magnum, but didn't you have a set of speakers mounted under the seats in the "Freak Magnet"?
Nope. Just 6x9s in boxes rolling around on the rear floor boards. That car (70 sat conv) also had an amp in trunk IIRC correctly.

I also had two 3 1/2s stuffed into the center dash. The 4x10 DVC is a much simpler solution though.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

A6USMC

70 Charger RT

Thanks for the tips.  I'm going to see if they fit in the vents. 
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

70 Charger RT

I think the speakers in the vents are cool.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Wicked72

this is what i did for my front on my first 72 charger.

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

steve817

This may be too late for a response, however, to make it simple, sound awesome, and out of sight, the b body will accept the pioneer TS-X200 Bass Reflex speaker in front and under the front seats. I convert most of my original am radios to 4 channel, ipod, xm, am/fm status and mount rear dash speakers and these pioneers up front and they sound excellent. Steve