News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many Of you guys are going to the Mopar Nats.

Started by Robert96, July 20, 2012, 01:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert96

My daughter and I are going this year. Her first time. I forget how many times for me, including the infamous Indy show.

Benji

My two sons and two of my grandchildren will be there on Saturday.  Been going for years, including the year a gust of wind picked up one of those little square tents and raked the metal stays across the hood of a Road Runner then it was carried up and over to the hood/left front fender of a 1932 Chrysler sedan where the metal stays again did their dirty work.  The owners of these cars were none too happy.  I'm guessing there was probably a minimum of $5000.00 worth of damage.  I'm also guessing the tent owner has staked it down every year since!!!  Then there was the year when someone stole a brand new enclosed car hauler.  Seems he drove in and had a trailer hitch, so he hooked up the nicest one in the line and drove right out the gate.  I assume proof of ownership is now required to leave the grounds with a trailer.  Never a dull moment!

Benji

odcics2

Which Indy show?  In 1984 there were two 'nationals', a month apart.  This was back when car clubs were feuding...
Remember the first Chrysler Car Club Convention?   Put on by the Rapid Transit System Club at the Chelsea Proving Grounds. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Mopar John

My wife Linda and I are going on Friday only for two reasons. One is to check out the swap meet early and then check out the cars under the tent for the OE judging. Then back home and back to work the weekend for both of us!
MJ

hotrod98

The first year that I attended in 97 the show was at Indy. It moved back to Columbus in 98. The Indy show was a couple of hours closer to me so I preferred the Indy location. Not much cruising though in Indy.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Robert96

The local law enforcement wasn't happy with the behavior of the Mopar crowd. So they moved right back to Columbus and Brice Rd. where the cops and people get along better.

Indygenerallee

I thought the deal in Indy that year in 1997 was they had black topped one of the roads leading out of the main entrance and cars were being "tarred" Anyone else remember this??
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

WINGIN IT

Benji

August 10-11 and 12.  Lots of free parking just east of the east gate on Route 40 in a huge pasture field.

Benji

Robert96

I don't remember anything about cars getting tarred but you could be correct on that one. I was only there Sat. that year.

rainbow4jd

Going - but bringing my Barracuda to sell - so I can finance the restoration of the Superbird.   Staying at the Ramada

It's over on ebay - look for a green F8 440-6 Cuda

hemi68charger

Quote from: Robert96 on July 21, 2012, 05:16:30 AM
The local law enforcement wasn't happy with the behavior of the Mopar crowd. So they moved right back to Columbus and Brice Rd. where the cops and people get along better.

That goes back and forth.. I remember Columbus and Brice Rd. back in '86 and it was crazy packed with Mopars and burnouts.. The the cops the following year, but what I understand, really cracked down (I wasn't there that year).. Then, it moved to Indy... back and forth, back and forth....

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69charger2002

i'll be going all weekend. my first time ever. hope it's good!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

DC_1

Brice road is dead - Heath is the place to be for cruise nights during the Nats. Oh, and there are plenty of burn outs..... unfortunately most are by locals in their mom's 97 Grand Am or others in their over lifted diesel pick up trucks.

hemigeno

Lord willing, I'll be there this year with the Daytona.  From what I'm told it will be judged on Friday afternoon in the OEM tent.  Maybe I'll be able to breathe again by Friday night??    :rotz:

I've stayed in Heath several times, and it's definitely way busier than Brice Road is now.  Last time I had a room in Heath, it was on the first floor right outside the area where they were doing burnouts in the hotel parking lot.  My room filled with tire smoke and let's just say it wasn't exactly peaceful.

The last time I went to the Nationals in general, I stayed in Columbus just a little west of Brice Road - and that's where I've made my reservations again.

Mopar John

Is there going to be anyone there with a swap space all weekend? I have some parts sold to a guy who is going to be there on Saturday and we are only going to be there Friday! I would bring them to your space and they would be paid for so just store them for the night. I would be willing to throw in a few bucks toward the space.
Thanks if you can help! MJ

Big Bird

My son & I will be there this year with my Bird. Havn't been to the Nats since 1995 then with my Daytona
BIG - BIRD :)

Ghoste

I wish I was, its one of the highlights of the summer for me and has been for the last 3 decades but this year, work will have to come first.

hotrod98

I haven't been to the Nats since 2003. That's the last year that it was on a different weekend than the Super Summer Cruise in Branson. The only two events that I want to attend all year are always on the same weekend. Go figure. Branson's only a couple of hours north of here and we have lots of family and friends hanging out with us so Branson wins out every year. The Black Ice bird will get a lot of attention as usual.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams