News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1974 Charger Project!!

Started by XP29H9, July 12, 2012, 06:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XP29H9

Glad to hear about the sludged engine running for years to come.  I will say my heart kinda dropped when I pulled the valve cover off and saw that (pulled one on the 69 I had and it looked new(ish)).  I didn't know what to think.  Like I said, from what I heard... NEVER use Quaker State! 

Tried putting a fresh battery in the other day to see if it would crank over and lights came on in the dash, but nothing happened when I turned the key.  I'm wondering if the starter is bad?  Maybe just the ignition switch. 

Next step is getting that bad fender off and the front bumper off... hopefully that will happen tomorrow if the weather is nice.

In the process of looking for a doner car.  Don't really know if it'd be worth it price wise to invest the money into though?

As far as a strap or a chain goes... I guess it never hurts to have a backup like everyone's saying.  If you have two chains/straps, might as well use them.  Lesson learned.

Wicked72

strip it down and see what it looks like if the passenger side seem straight and the driver frame seems bent you could always find a frame rail with an inner fender to fix the mess. seems like she stands straight which is good. cant wait to see the progress.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

TK73

Looks like a LOT of work but it can be FUN!!

Then, there is the final result:

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Corey Dean

TK73, what is the color on that Charger. I like it.

Quote from: TK73 on July 16, 2012, 07:01:35 PM
Looks like a LOT of work but it can be FUN!!

Then, there is the final result:

Old Tired Rebel