News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

proper date codes??

Started by NVMY69RT, July 11, 2012, 10:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NVMY69RT

Working on #'s 69 RT.... build on May 9th, 1969. Wanting to replace current coil and orange wires with date coded from yearone. How far ahead of build date were wires and coil built? Or am I just buying junk and should try other supplier. Thanks

hemigeno

For plug wires you could technically use either 1st Quarter or 2nd Quarter or a mixture of both, but the actual answer is simple... no one reproduces 2Q wires, so you're stuck with 1Q.  I'm not particularly fond of the repro plug wires, as you probably need to go through and check their resistance and/or the plug termination connections.  Let's just say quality control is not the manufacturer's strong suite.  For anything you want to run good more than show well, a set of FireCore wires from Ron/firefighter3931 would serve much better and they look semi-stock (no date codes or Chrysler stamp though).  Just a thought.

On the coil, you could use anything dated from a few weeks prior to the car's SPD all the way to 2-3 months prior.  I think those are dated by the week, so if you chose something around the end of March to early April, you'd be safe... maybe the 14th week of 1969?   :shruggy: