News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wierd, but there must not have been any 1st or 3rd gen Chargers in Carlisle?

Started by Ghoste, July 10, 2012, 07:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I see lots of great photos of 2nd gen Chargers and I love them as much as anybody.  It's just too bad there were no 1st generation or 3rd generation Chargers there for you attendees to photograph.  ;)

BrianShaughnessy

Quit yer bitching and drive out and take your own pix  :slap:

:smilielol:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

There was a great looking 71 sunroof Charger at the MCG tent nearest the stage. It was all black, and pretty good sounding. Sorry, no pics.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on July 10, 2012, 08:02:39 AM
There was a great looking 71 sunroof Charger at the MCG tent nearest the stage. It was all black, and pretty good sounding. Sorry, no pics.

Actually I think that car belonged to the Rev-N-ator crew
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 10, 2012, 09:06:56 AM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on July 10, 2012, 08:02:39 AM

Actually I think that car belonged to the Rev-N-ator crew

I believe you are right  :scratchchin:

BananaDan

You should see some Gen 3's in the background of my pics of 70's, they were in the row behind us.   :icon_smile_wink:

You have no idea how damn hot it was, all of the field pics I took were only for the row we were in and the two buildings.  I might have shot the whole field if National Geographic paid me to shoot in the Sahara, but since the check's in the mail I'll defer back to the wise words of Shaughnessy.  Well said Brian.

:nana:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

GPULLER

69charger2002

Quote from: Ghoste on July 10, 2012, 07:45:59 AM
I see lots of great photos of 2nd gen Chargers and I love them as much as anybody.  It's just too bad there were no 1st generation or 3rd generation Chargers there for you attendees to photograph.  ;)

maybe they were there and no one noticed.... as usual.     :nana: just kidding of course!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Troy

Quote from: BananaDan on July 10, 2012, 12:53:24 PM
You should see some Gen 3's in the background of my pics of 70's, they were in the row behind us.   :icon_smile_wink:

You have no idea how damn hot it was, all of the field pics I took were only for the row we were in and the two buildings.  I might have shot the whole field if National Geographic paid me to shoot in the Sahara, but since the check's in the mail I'll defer back to the wise words of Shaughnessy.  Well said Brian.

:iagree: My picture taking foray went like this:
69 Chargers (same aisle, same side)
70 Chargers (across the aisle from tent)
Sat under the tent for a while to cool down
68 Chargers (same aisle as tent, back side, past the 69 Chargers)
Visited the smoothie shack
Some E-bodies (mostly 70, 1.5 aisles)
Vendor Midway to stand under tents with fans/cooling systems
Across hill to watch autocross in the shade

I did pass a few 70 Roadrunners on my trek to the 1 row of the swap meet I walked through.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ODZKing

There were lots there on Saturday.  However I will say, cars in general ... all of them seemed about 1/3 down all together.  There were many empty spaces everywhere.

gschmidt211

I personally thought there were more this year than last year.  Did you go to Beeny Motors?  It was a 1972 feature year.  There were two really nice Rallye Chargers.  That is two more than there were last year.  There was also a really nice white standard Charger and a black SE.  There were also a lot in the show field.
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

gschmidt211

Some shots from the show field.  There were more cars than this, but I did not get photos of all of them.

1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

bill440rt

Quote from: Troy on July 10, 2012, 04:25:13 PM
Quote from: BananaDan on July 10, 2012, 12:53:24 PM

:iagree: My picture taking foray went like this:
69 Chargers (same aisle, same side)
70 Chargers (across the aisle from tent)
68 Chargers (same aisle as tent, back side, past the 69 Chargers)
Visited the smoothie shack
Some E-bodies (mostly 70, 1.5 aisles)
Vendor Midway to stand under tents with fans/cooling systems
Across hill to watch autocross in the shade

I did pass a few 70 Roadrunners on my trek to the 1 row of the swap meet I walked through.

Troy

Despite the heat, I walked the ENTIRE swap meet on Thursday, even went back to revisit a few spots throughout the weekend. Most were without the use of bad88ttop's golf cart (which was much appreciated, BTW).
I saw the entire car corral, display buildings, & most of the show. Regrettably, I did not make it to the dealer display (something I do every year), or the Hotchkis test track (something I wanted to & should have done).
It was all about taking breaks, carrying/drinking water at all times, pacing yourself, & just being aware of the excruciating heat. It was the hottest I could ever remember this show being.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Sure are, covering all of those cars in that heat is an achievment and a half.  Thanks.