News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar performance head gasket

Started by XS29L, July 07, 2012, 10:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L

This may have come up before but can someone tell me what the difference is between part#5155237 and part#4286754 ?  I see about a $100.-$120. difference but every listing I see has the same description for both.  :shruggy:  Thanks
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

b5blue

Not sure but my last Mopar gasket set had Fel-Pro gaskets inside a Mopar box..... :scratchchin:

Chryco Psycho

WHat are you using it for , alum heads or steel , do you have or need  to make quench , gasket thickness will vary , Mopar Perf is probably the most expensive place to get gaskets .

XS29L

Both of the mopar gaskets are .020 steal shim but are priced very far apart for each other. 
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Chryco Psycho

those were $25 for a pair until about 2 years ago , Mr Gasket I think has them for around $30 pr

XS29L

Summit has the mopar #4286754 at $21.95 and the #5155237 at $159.95 , some description for both.    :shruggy:
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

b5blue

One MUST be just head gaskets and the other a full engine set. They copy and paste descriptions all the time and get crap wrong in the process. Hold off and call Todd @ Moparts or Mancini on Monday, both know their stuff! I ran into this finding the correct fuel pump for my 6 pack.

XS29L

I was planing on calling Mancini on Monday.  Just looking for some more info , thanks for the advice.   :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!