News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Post pics of your big 4x4's

Started by 440, July 04, 2012, 08:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspired by the big 4x4 Power Wagon in the "Daily Driver" thread.

Post pics and info of your big 4x4's  :popcrn:

Here's mine in the second pic, It was my daily driver till I moved to Aus.

c00nhunterjoe

An old one of mine. Loved that truck. Sold it about a year and a half ago, with 300k on it, all origonal.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

This one is pretty big, and too long for most parking spots  :o But pulls like a freight train  :2thumbs:

We have one, but in a different color - sorry, can't upload pics of ours to the site :(

cdr

one drunk night in 1985,truck only had 300 miles on it
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

vancamp

Mine isnt a truck and isnt that big

Quote from: cdr on July 04, 2012, 01:46:10 PM

Did you break it or pass out under it  :lol:

Quote from: vancamp on July 04, 2012, 07:26:28 PM

Still a 4x4 though, and looks super clean. Only prob with the big trucks is they don't articulate enough. If you set em up properly you lose the vehicles capacity.

cdr

Quote from: 440 on July 05, 2012, 09:52:48 AM

Still a 4x4 though, and looks super clean. Only prob with the big trucks is they don't articulate enough. If you set em up properly you lose the vehicles capacity.
both  :smilielol:  this pic is after pulling it out of a big set of ruts,a barbed wire fence post yanked the ebrake cables & the truck would not move very well,by the way i dont drink now, the consequences got to much,7 years now
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

redmist

Everything is big under the body.   ;)

Some ford, chevy, and a little cadi in the back also...

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

vancamp

Quote from: redmist on July 05, 2012, 05:12:39 PM

Everything is big under the body.   ;)

Some ford, chevy, and a little cadi in the back also...

Sweet Jeep :2thumbs:

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: 440 on July 05, 2012, 09:52:48 AM

Yes, its a 7.3 diesel.
I love when people say big trucks won't articulate or they lose their capacity. This was done in 2wd only, keeping 3 tires firmly on flat ground to show the rear's slip point:1 tire in grass, 1 on pavement. That was s hard as I could push it in 2wd. It shows articulation though....

The trailer was wayyyy overloaded but the truck pulled fine.over 10k on each load

Tilar

My 208k mile Suburban. I think that thing would pull anything I tied on behind it.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

That's about what mine does, half of it is in frame flex same as yours  :lol:

I was saying that meaning they benefit greatly from modifications such as softer springs and/or a goofy leafs. In doing that you hurt the carrying capacity. The radius arm set up on the 1/4 ton ford is easier to make flex than the leaf spring 3/4 - 1 ton set ups, although both are generally too stiff.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: 440 on July 05, 2012, 05:43:52 PM
That's about what mine does, half of it is in frame flex same as yours  :lol:

I was saying that meaning they benefit greatly from modifications such as softer springs and/or a goofy leafs. In doing that you hurt the carrying capacity. The radius arm set up on the 1/4 ton ford is easier to make flex than the leaf spring 3/4 - 1 ton set ups, although both are generally too stiff.

My frame started to flex after I hit the bumpstops on the axles. When setup properly they ride 100 times better then stock, perform great offroad, and don't lose tow capacity or driveability. I'm a firm beleiver in the ford twin I beam setup, talked many ford guys out of dana 60 swaps after taking them out in mine. Skyjacker makes a great product, it cost more then the other lifts do for that bodystyle ford, but the performance is 2nd to none.

Twin I beam was the 2wd front swing axle set up, terrible for tire wear.

My lift is a superlift and it rides terrible unloaded, stiff rear springs with the added spring arc makes it jump all over the road. Load it up and it rides great, the more you can throw at it the happier it is. The front rides well though. I think any bigger on the cam however and it would hurt towing.

One of these days I'd like to get a ladder bar set up on the rear. Axle wrap is another undesirable effect.

Back N Black

c00nhunterjoe

I believe it is called twin traction beam.

I never liked superlift. The skyjacker kit is very beefy and the soft ride springs are great. No stiff bouncy ride but if you load it down they haul like the stock units. I did have axle wrap problems in the rear but I had a diesel putting down over 800 ft lbs.........

:lol:  Maybe we would call this the "Environment friendly thread"

redmist

Quote from: 440 on July 05, 2012, 06:35:58 PM
:lol:  Maybe we would call this the "Environment friendly thread"

All the pictures of my Heep are on designated trails, and private property. I believe one of the pics is believe it or not a county "road."
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

You've got WAY less spring arc so that would account for much of the soft ride.

Looks like a nice lift, I've never seen later model Fords up close.

Quote from: redmist on July 05, 2012, 06:43:08 PM
Quote from: 440 on July 05, 2012, 06:35:58 PM
:lol:  Maybe we would call this the "Environment friendly thread"

All the pictures of my Heep are on designated trails, and private property. I believe one of the pics is believe it or not a county "road."

Well, I was more referring to the Prius eco box drivers point of view. Kinda like BnB's tree hugger sticker and the crazy Prius Nazi that went off at the truck in the gas station in the "Prius vs. Truck" thread.

I guess I'm a hypocrite, on one hand I say tread lightly when out to protect the environment but on the other hand destroy it with my big gas guzzlers hydrocarbons   :shruggy:

twodko

What a project it would be to mount a Pious body on a CJ7 frame or maybe a Dart frame. It would be a pleasure to see Pious drivers reaction to the blasphemy of their smug green world.  :nana:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

redrider

Lennard

Bob T

Quote from: twodko on July 05, 2012, 07:44:00 PM
What a project it would be to mount a Pious body on a CJ7 frame or maybe a Dart frame. It would be a pleasure to see Pious drivers reaction to the blasphemy of their smug green world.  :nana:

:rofl:
BigPiousFoot  :smilielol:

My daily driver jap 94 Nissan Safari lwb soft roader 4.2 turbo diesel with 250,000kms, shocking fuel economy but could pull the side off your house in low 4
Old Dog, Old Tricks.