News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Canadian Section

Started by my73se400, June 30, 2012, 03:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73se400

Not meant to be offensive but it would be nice to see a section for the Canuckleheads and the businesses that are in our area's.
Then maybe we wouldn't have to search and be disappointed all the time when we see that deal isn't accessable to us.

Thanks  :drool5: :slap:

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

B5charger

I agree... the tips from everyone are great and universal, but talking about where to buy parts, where to have work done are either not applicale to us in Canada, or by the time I take in account shipping/duty costs, just no longer affordable.  I'd love to have a Canadian section especially for parts and service.

Ghoste

But then you might as well start an Australian section and a British section and Venezuelen section etc etc.  It might be easier to just go somewhere like this when you're runinng low on Canadian content...

http://mapleleafmopars.homestead.com/

Big Sugar

It's all about volume Shawn, We have substancially more Canadians on here than British or Austrailians. The pont was a Canadian Reference page thats all, I still think it would fit in here....you could probably be a big contributer Your up to Snuff ! as it were.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Ghoste

Actually I am likely more connected with what is going on across the river in Detroit.  A Canadian section would probably open my eyes and surprise me as to what is going on in my own yard. :lol:

DC_1

I don't know if such a section would add much. The whole problem is there are very few places - Mapleleaf Mopars, PG Classic and the like being the exception - that have what most people need. There are countless members - Dodge Don, Shakey (where did he wander off to again by the way?), RIDELIKEHELL, etc that have detailed their restoration and all are Canadian members. If you read their resto threads you will find most ended up sourcing what they needed from the U.S. since that is where the bulk of the big supply houses and major distributors are located. Other than actual resto shops the vast majority of need parts (new, used or repop) are going to come out of the U.S......... IMO

my73se400

Well.. worth a try :P as was said in a someone else's post to this, it was in thinking of canadians connecting with other canadians in their respective areas, who is doing some of the resto works in our area's and hopefully for what specials might be out there for us. The other contents that are out there is also very valuable but I can't ship a part from out of NOwheresville USA and get it at a good affordable cost, the shipping and handling would make me a wide reciever.

I know that there are others out there that could have parts for me to get my hands on when I goto start the full resto and rebuild of what should have been and will be in the future is a awesome 1973 Charger SE with a sweeet 400 4 BBL, super blue once again and with a killer wing on the back, with a killer growl, I lloked for ever and found it in a farmers field in High Prairie, AB, (Northern Alberta, Canada), so it will tale alot of patience and time and money, wahhhhh money, but when done with the right time, connections and advice to get it back to where it should have always been, One Sweeet ride that make all the girlies go hmmm....

charger_fan_4ever

Look up SMS auto Classic in montreal, quebec

Best prices this side of the border on AMD and legendary parts. He sells pretty much anything when it comes to restoration parts. Weatherstripe trim ect.

Ask for Sylvain.

He usually has a tent set up with loads of AMD parts at Moparfest.

Fred

You guys don't know how lucky you've got it. USA is just across the border. Try having something shipped to Australia, then you'll know what it's all about. I found most of the parts I needed on my own via the internet, it's not so hard to do.  Just saying.
We don't want segregation worming it's way into this forum.
No offence.
Now have a good day.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Why not start an "International" topic where different groups can connect. Canada, Australia and the UK would be the largest I would think.

The only problem I see is if someone posted from somewhere like Sweden their posts might go unanswered and drop off..... Unless of course they posted pictures of hot Swedish girls  :lol:

Troy

The short answer is: there's not enough traffic to warrant it. Sorry, that's just how I determine whether to separate sections. If there were thousands of threads on a particular subject clogging one of the boards I'd have already split it. I'm a member of many forums and I hate the cross-posting and duplicated topics. Now, is it possible to create a vendor reference by geographic location? Yes.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

my73se400

Troy,

Sounds like that would be the idea then.  :icon_smile_cool: pretty much like I was getting at, just with a twist :Twocents: :slap: