News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WOW, '70 4 speed R/T w/6 pack goes for $22K...is this where price heading??

Started by AKcharger, June 28, 2012, 05:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

Quotebut working 2 jobs and not being able to fly there for 2 weeks(he wanted the car paid for in 7 days) i had to get it checked out fast so i could overnight the money and have it shipped.

Certainly not the sellers issues here. If people are not prepared to investigate, ask question, get more info, see the car, bid and complete their purchase, they should just sit out until they can. This is just the opinion of a responsible seller who had heard every story in the book 3 times over.

In the long run, I'm glad you were able to work it out. Way better to back out with a negotiation if the seller is willing than to by a car you don't want.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

1974dodgecharger

When you work hard for da money with 2 jobs of course you want a good looking charger for 20k plus....NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT AT ALL!!!!

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 30, 2012, 08:23:59 PM
When you work hard for da money with 2 jobs of course you want a good looking charger for 20k plus....NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT AT ALL!!!!

Like the OP said he would have been surprised to win the auction at 22k if it was as described seeing it was an R/T. Not a semi nice driver needing a full resto. All that to say sub 30k and a real rotisserie restored R/T should not be in the same sentence.

I bought my car in 2008 and have followed a lot of 69-70 R/T's on ebay Clist ect for curiosity's sake and have yet to see a super nice rotisserie restored R/T non numbers match for under 40k. Seen quite a few in the 30-40 range, all of them the corners were cut somewhere in the build.

doctor4766

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 29, 2012, 06:17:06 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 29, 2012, 12:56:07 AM

I'd rather buy a car with original paint and some dings than fresh paint.  Just my opinion.  

I have one and can't wait to get it painted.  :shruggy:
I think he meant that he'd rather aquire a car that you can see where the problems are, rather than a car that might be hiding something under a new paint job.
Of course once you can see where you're at, you can have it resprayed knowing exactly what's under that new paint.
Gotta love a '69

Aussie R/T

Well I sure hope things pick up soon I have more into mine just for rust repairs and parts.Not saying I went to the right place mind you just stating the facts.I'd jump at 22k driver even with an ugly tape stripe.

ACUDANUT

All I can say is goodluck finding a Perfect car fow 22k.  It will never happen.   :Twocents:

bull

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 30, 2012, 11:40:30 AM
Quotebut working 2 jobs and not being able to fly there for 2 weeks(he wanted the car paid for in 7 days) i had to get it checked out fast so i could overnight the money and have it shipped.

Certainly not the sellers issues here. If people are not prepared to investigate, ask question, get more info, see the car, bid and complete their purchase, they should just sit out until they can. This is just the opinion of a responsible seller who had heard every story in the book 3 times over.

In the long run, I'm glad you were able to work it out. Way better to back out with a negotiation if the seller is willing than to by a car you don't want.

A lot depends on the seller's attitude on the subject. In many cases it's not feasible for a person to inspect a car with only a 7-day notice and so it's not uncommon for the buyer's bid to act as a deposit. Of course that's assuming it's been worked out that way between a bidder and seller either before or after the auction ends.

ACUDANUT

A stripped down, non running Charger for 12, 500.  Go from there money wise.... 22K does not sound outragous. :Twocents:

gtx6970

This one is close to me if someones interested.
I barely know the seller, but know the shop that services / works on it
I have no idea what it'll take to acually buy it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-1970-RT-SE-Muscle-Car-/280901717795?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item41670c0f23