News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

more 3rd gen part prices...

Started by Bandit72, February 01, 2006, 06:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

NHCharger

Dash pads have alway been expensive. When I looked around ten years ago I believe I could only find two (pre-internet days), and they wanted $225.00. I decided to spend the $450.00 and get mine redone at Just Dashes.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

twilt

that price isnt out of line. Uncracked black dashes are wanted by many, had by few.

Bandit72

well, i'm one of the many AND few then....

TruckDriver

For $450., you can have your dash restored to brand new again. Keep that in mind. That is the guy who I want to buy a '74 Charger from. The 6pak set up he has was in that car til he blew the engine. When I talked with him the other night, he told me he has 2 NOS '72 fenders that were never used too. He said he wants about $850. for them :P He is also a Moparts memeber. He is selling all his Mopar stuff and getting out of it.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemihead

I'm just going to put one of the plastic covers on mine.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Bandit72

are those covers easy to put on? I know where i can get a blue dash that is pretty cracked up for hardly nothing

hemihead

They are not hard to put on but you have to prep the dashpad you are putting it over right.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

41husk

I put one on my 68 had to dye it blue first but it is an easy install and looks good.  easy with the glue it is a mother to clean up if you put to much on.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargerkid

That is actually a good price. The Just Dashes aren't totally correct. We need to start bugging Ultimate Rides to reproduce them.  They will do a better job than Just Dashes will.  I had two of them at Carlisle last year that were nice originals..no cracks or spilts.  I sold them for $700.00 each with guys fighting over them.

As for the dash cap, I just had one crack on me...go figure.

mridolfo

andy74

i have a dash cap on mine,89 bucks from legendary,and its fine for a driver,id kiss my own ass before id pay 450 for a 30plus year old dash,and then drive the car,where it will crack any way!

some people can justify the price if they are restoring a top notch car,but id rather spend the extra cash on speed parts,and have a plastic cap that im not worried about marking up when i toss my sun glasses on the dash after a drive