News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

blue modded 69 500?? Who owns it?

Started by Indygenerallee, June 25, 2012, 08:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

I was thinking "Highbanked hauler" owns the car I am referring to it's a (looks like B5 blue) 1969 500 with radiused front wheel wells, and the front valance panel has a big modified spoiler fabbed into it, 4 hood pins across the front. Just wanting to know what tires/rims are being ran on the car and if anyone has any other pics?
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

johntpr

Indygenerallee

John, yeah that last link you have looks just like the 500 I remember just from the side angle, I was just trying to find some more info out on it like what wheels he is running front and back because I want to radius the wheel wells on my Daytona clone like that so I can lower it while running a large tire.

johntpr

I would contact Sue George from the winged wariors club and see if she has contact info for Al in Massachusetts

moparstuart

Quote from: johntpr on June 25, 2012, 08:44:28 AM
I would contact Sue George from the winged wariors club and see if she has contact info for Al in Massachusetts
he is down in carolina now , he is high banks here on the board   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Here's Jacob standing next to Al's at the '04 'Dega Meet.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Indygenerallee

Highbanked Hauler

The tires are 275-60-15 Goodyears. Wheels are 15 X 10  4 in. stock car(use Aero brand Wheels, I didn't) if you do yours  as run out is an issue and 4 in. back space JUST JUST clears the upper control arms ..  On the back a 10 in. wide wheel with a 4 in. back space will rub the lip of the quarter on the drivers side but not the passengers side with mine. I wrecked in Pa. about 4 hrs. after the Winged Warriors picture was taken in 98.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Indygenerallee

Thanks! It really looks good highbanked I remember seeing a pic of your 500 and always loving it!!! Looks great, now I have a starting point when I buy my wheels and tires!!

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Indygenerallee on June 26, 2012, 07:17:31 AM
Thanks! It really looks good highbanked I remember seeing a pic of your 500 and always loving it!!! Looks great, now I have a starting point when I buy my wheels and tires!!

You goin the stock car rout on yours?
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Indygenerallee

Yes, I have thought about it! Being a member over on the Winged Warriors facebook page seeing all the pics of the stock cars, They look much better in my opinion with the radiused wheel wells and huge rollers, I have already modded my 69 AMD fenders to work with the nosecone so I figured screw it I will go all out and put big rollers all around!! I have even kicked the idea around of running the left headlight opening open with ducts going to the brakes and air intake!

Highbanked Hauler

Do you have to do quarter and wheelhouse work also ?  The body shell I am going to use for the 500 wannabe is rusted right at the wheelhouse edge so I am going to use flat sheetmetal to replace the wheelhouses and push the front of the quarters out a couple of inches to cover the front of the tire. A few of the stockers have that done to the quarters. I think somewhere I have a couple of pictures of them.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Indygenerallee

Yeah I have AMD full quarters I still have to put in a wheel houses so I am going to modify the wheelhouses to fit larger tires and be able to lower it over them. I like the large tire slammed to the ground look the stock car Daytona's and Superbird's had!!!

Budnicks

Sorry not trying to high jack a thread... A little off subject here, but here's a 68 Charger 383ci/727 that was cloned into a 69 Daytona "Blue & Highly Modded", from Magnum Force Racing's owner Ron Jenkins... Just thought you may find it interesting, I know it's not real or even close...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Indygenerallee

Yep, The Magnumforce Daytona I saw way back in 2000 I believe at the Mopar Nats! NICE, NICE!!!

Budnicks

Quote from: Indygenerallee on June 27, 2012, 08:12:29 PM
Yep, The Magnumforce Daytona I saw way back in 2000 I believe at the Mopar Nats! NICE, NICE!!!
:2thumbs:  :cheers: