News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green Envy

Started by Old Tired Rebel, June 19, 2012, 07:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tired Rebel

Well I have started cleaning my Charger up. I have taken so many pictures that it is easier to post a link you everyone to view. I have a lot to do just to get it driveable.
http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s102/old_tired_rebel/74%20Charger/

stevethegray

Glad to see somebody else working on a 74.  Good Luck and Have Fun!

Old Tired Rebel

Thanks I added more pictures. Just wondering being new here should I post them without the link?

cdr

you can do them as a restoration thread,in the order of progress,with explanations of work done :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Old Tired Rebel

So I posted this in the wrong place?

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Old Tired Rebel

Old Tired Rebel

In case I didn't mention it. My Charger was a gift from a friend that didn't want to crush it,He brought it all the way from Ill. to my house in Tulsa Ok.

Old Tired Rebel

Do my Dog claimed his spot before we could clean the trash out.

Old Tired Rebel

Here is a 360 and 727 he brought with the car. He plans to bring the rest of it on his next trip. He knocked out the freeze plugs ans honed the cylinder walls.
The trans has been rebuilt, so I only need to find a few things to get it all together and put back into the car.

Old Tired Rebel

Old Tired Rebel

So today my oldest son helped get the seats and carpet out along with using the shop vac to get the rest of the trash out.

only surprise here is that both  sides of the floor was ate up.

stevethegray

Take care of the rust on the firewall before you bother dropping the engine back in.  Without looking I bet there is a hole near the top left of the firewall.

Old Tired Rebel

That must be common, btw how did you know?

stevethegray

Because my 74 has a hole there too

Old Tired Rebel

Do you cut it all out and patched it?

stevethegray

I haven't yet, but that is the plan

Old Tired Rebel

Did a little more picture taking yesterday. The next step is to get it in the garage and up on stands to start taking things off underside of it.

stevethegray

rust

Old Tired Rebel

Yeah she is crusty. But she will get better.

Old Tired Rebel

Sorry I haven't updated. I have been down with my back.

Ghoste

It never goes as quickly as you want anyway.  How is your back now?

Old Tired Rebel

I just got pain killers today. I gave up on trying to get it to heal up on it's own. But right now I am not feeling any pain.

twodko

What Ghoste said, take care of your back first. Without that you won't be restoring much of anything except Advil bottles. I know because I'm there too.......Advil and ice packs. Sucks getting old.  :icon_smile_angry:

Your car will be a beau one day but you will have to become one of AMD's minions.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

nvrbdn

just dont push it.(the back that is) and these things take time. mine took years. have fun with it. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House