News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

learical's military plane pix

Started by learical1, June 17, 2012, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Great pictures, thank you very much.  I love WW2 birds.  Along with owning a Charger flying a WW2 bird is another dream of mine.

Got Hellcats?

learical1

here we go again!  Lockheed P-38's.  First 3 are P-38J's from POF. 4th is P-38L from AFM
Bruce

learical1

Another P-38L, photo recon version (F-5), from PAM
Bruce

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

learical1

Lefty Gardner's P-38 at an air show.
Bruce

learical1

P-38M from CFM.  Don't let the 'P-38L' on the tail in photo 2 fool you.  In photos 2 and 3 you can see the bulge for the back seater, so it's an M.
Bruce

learical1

P-39's up next. a couple of P-39A's (March AFB and POF) and a P-39Q (AFM)
Bruce

learical1

P-40N from POF at an airshow
Bruce

learical1

Republic P-47 Thunderbolts. Big Stud, a razorback, is from CFM, camo with invasion stripes is from an airshow.  Last 2 are POF Jug, taken at an airshow, then at the museum.
Bruce

learical1

North American P-51's.  D models from POF, NASM, 1990 Cleveland Air Show, and AFM.
Bruce

learical1

P-51D from CFM, taken at an airshow.
Bruce

learical1

Bell P-59, America's first Jet "fighter".  We start with a picture from POF of a prototype YP-59A, with a second cockpit for an observer to read extra gauges for the jet engines.  Then we have a shot from the AFM. 
Bruce

learical1

Now we have the largest American Fighter of the war, Northrop's P-61C Black Widow, from the AFM.
Bruce

learical1

To end WWII Army Air Force Fighters, we have reverse Lend Lease at its finest: a De Havilland Mosquito.
From the AFM.
Bruce

elacruze

This is awesome Lyrical, thanks!

An older friend of mine's Father was a ME-262 pilot in WWII, at the great age of 17. He said they ran out of gas after his 4th sortie, and he was really happy about it.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.