News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

learical's military plane pix

Started by learical1, June 17, 2012, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learical1

My oldest son's car broke down in Tucson.  :brickwall:  I'm fetching it tonight and I'll be working on it all weekend.  I'll get back to scanning and posting as soon as possible.
Bruce

BigBlackDodge

Awesome pics!

Not to hi-jack the thread, but check this video of 7 replica dr.1's in flight. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iJpzsbsD2M

BBD

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on June 23, 2012, 04:05:43 PM
Awesome pics!

Not to hi-jack the thread, but check this video of 7 replica dr.1's in flight. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iJpzsbsD2M

BBD

From what I understand, the triplanes were finicky & tricky to fly.

BigBlackDodge

Yeah, I heard that too. I think they mentioned somewhere in the comments that the pilots were very experienced.

BBD

learical1

As I await the return of the cylinder head from the machine shop, here are some Japanese planes.  First up is the Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero. First photo is from the ASM, next three from POF.
Bruce

learical1

Now we have a Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden from POF
Bruce

learical1

Here is 3 shots of the Mitsubishi J8M1, a copy of the Messerschmitt Me-163.  Then is a Yokosuka MXY-7 'Baka" Rocket kamikaze plane.  POF for both.
Bruce

learical1

Another Japanese Fighter:  Kawanishi N1K2-J George 21. AFM
Bruce

learical1

Aichi D3A2 Val dive bomber.  POF
Bruce

learical1

These are replica Val's, maybe from "Tora, Tora,Tora!"  first photo is POF, the rest from March Air Force Base, IIRC.
Bruce

learical1

British Planes.  Here's a Hawker Hurricane taken at an air show.
Bruce

BigBlackDodge

learical1

Early Supermarine Spitfire at Chicago Museum of Science and Industry.
Bruce

learical1

Spitfire from an airshow (first 2) and Spitfire VII from ASM (last 2)
Bruce

learical1

Mark IX Spitfire from CFM
Bruce

learical1

Here is a North American Mustang I (P-51A) in British markings.  Early Mustangs were powered by Allison V-12's.  Allison at the time was a division of General Motors.  So if you ever want to really piss off a Ford guy, tell him REAL mustangs were GM or Packard/Rolls-Royce powered.
Bruce

learical1

Curtiss Kittyhawk (P-40N) in British markings from an airshow.
Bruce

learical1

Not sure what the hell this is.  French Roundels, looks British to me.
Bruce

learical1

Probably Post WWII, but here's a couple of Hawker Sea Fury's taken at air shows.  "Dreadnaught" is a well know race plane.
Bruce

learical1

Another Curtiss, a Warhawk (P-40N) in Chinese (Flying Tigers) markings.  CFM
Bruce

learical1

Soviet Union Planes:  A Bell P-63 From PAM and a YAK 11 at an airshow.
Bruce

learical1

I knew I had more between the wars planes:  Army Air Corp Curtiss P-6E and a Boeing P-12E, both from AFM
Bruce

learical1

Boeing P-26 'Peashooter' from POF
Bruce

learical1

Last pix for today: first 2 Seversky Pursuit 2PA Guardsman(POF), prototype to the P-35 (AFM) last 2
Bruce

learical1

Next time I post, it will be the US Fighters, starting with the AAF, then the Navy. after that will be Bombers, attack, trainers and transports.
Bruce