News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

learical's military plane pix

Started by learical1, June 17, 2012, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learical1

Standard E-1 from AFM
Bruce

learical1

Now we have a Curtiss JN-4D 'Jenny'
Bruce

learical1

OK, these 2 aren't military planes, but I had to include them.  The Ryan NYP III "Spirit of St. Louis" from the Air & Space Museum (ASM) and a Ford Tri-Motor from some air show I attended decades ago.
Bruce

learical1

I thought I had more between the wars, but I came up short.  So we'll go right into the Nazis.  Here's a Junkers Ju-52 3m. From AFM
Bruce

learical1

Here is a Fieseler Fi-156C-1 Storch from AFM and a Junkers Ju-87 'Stuka' from the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry
Bruce

learical1

Here's an non-number's matching plane.  For the movie "Battle of Britain", the makers used Spanish built licensed copies of the Messerschmitt Bf-109's.  These were Hispano HA-1112's, powered by a Rolls Royce Merlin.  Champlin Fighter Museum mated the correct Daimler Benz engine to this fuselage and 'created' a Messerschmitt Bf-109E.
Bruce

learical1

This is a Messerschmitt Bf-109G from the AFM
Bruce

learical1

A whole mess of Messerschmitts: in order a Bf-109G-6 from ASM, a Bf-109G-10/u4 from the Planes of Fame in Chino (PF) and a Bf-109G from an air show (note the VW Thing trying to pass itself off as a Kubelwagen.)
Bruce

learical1

This is a Heinkel He-162A-1 from the PF
Bruce

learical1

This Focke Wulf Fw-190D-12 started life as an air cooled 190A.  Focke Wulf swapped the engine for the Junkers Jumo 213 during WWII. from CFM
Bruce

learical1

This Fw-190D-9 is from the AFM
Bruce

learical1

More Messerschmitts, this time jet propelled.  Me-262 from AFM in the first 2 pix, next a couple poor shots of the Me-262A from the ASM
Bruce

learical1

Yet another Messerschmitt Me262A, this one from the PF
Bruce

learical1

Trainer time.  This is a Focke Wulf Fw-44J, I believe from the Pima Air Museum in Tucson, AZ (PAM)
Bruce

learical1

From the ASM, here is a Fieseler Fi-103 V-1 'buzzbomb'. note the V-2 Rocket to the left of the photo.
Bruce

learical1

Last plane for the night, an Italian Macchi MC202 Folgore.  Next Friday, I'll start on the Japanese.
Bruce

TiMopar

Stretch

Very cool! Thanks for taking the time to post these.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

Dino

Non numbers matching plane?  Do they get frowned upon at plane shows as well?   :D

Those planes are effin' awesome!!  I don't think I'd have the stones to fly one of those suckers though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69rtse4spd

Way cool, thanks a bunch for posting, & keep em coming. Took a ride in a tri-motor one time, quite an experience.  :2thumbs:.

LaOtto70Charger

I always liked the ME262 and FW190.

Mytur Binsdirti

The Fokker Triplane & Stuka dive bomber are really cool planes. Too bad they belonged to the enemy.

TheGhost

I'm waiting for the American WWII planes.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

400/6/PAC

Very cool Pic's.
Thanks for posting

learical1

Quote from: TheGhost on June 20, 2012, 10:14:50 AM
I'm waiting for the American WWII planes.
First the Axis powers, then the Allies.  I finished the Germans and the Italians, I'll get the Japanese done on Friday, and probably start on the Allies (British, American and Canadian, I don't recall having any obscure French or other country planes).  But my wife doesn't work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, so I'll start back up on Friday. 
Bruce