News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

learical's military plane pix

Started by learical1, June 17, 2012, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learical1

Got out the old photo album and started scanning.  We'll start at WWI, and a reproduction of the Fokker E-III.  These shots are from what was the Champlin Fighter Museum in Mesa, AZ.  The collection was moved to the Museum of Flight in Seattle, WA.
Bruce

learical1

Next up is a Repro (clone?) of a Fokker Dr-I triplane, also from Champlin.
Bruce

learical1

Not a clone, but the real thing: Aviatik D-I at Champlin.
Bruce

learical1

A couple of Fokker D-VII's:  First two pix are the real thing from the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum, and the second 2 are a clone from Champlin.
Bruce

learical1

Still working on the German's, here is a cloned Fokker D-VIII at Champlin.
Bruce

learical1

Albatros D-Va, first two are authentic from the Smithsonian, next 2 are another clone from Champlin.
Bruce

learical1

Another authentic plane from Champlin:  Pfalz D-XII
Bruce

learical1

On to the British:  We'll start with a reproduction of the Sopwith 'Pup' from Champlin.
Bruce

learical1

Now we have a clone of a Sopwith Triplane from Champlin.
Bruce

learical1

A couple of Camels: first 3 are a clone from Champlin, and the fourth is real from the Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH.
Bruce

learical1

Looks like a Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5A, but it's not, it was built in the US by Eberhart, so it's an Eberhart S.E.5E from the Air Force Museum.  (actually from after WWI, but it looks the part, so...)
Bruce

learical1

Here we have a reproduction of a Sopwith Snipe, from Champlin.
Bruce

learical1

Time for the French: here's a cloned Neuport 27 in British markings from Champlin.
Bruce

learical1

Now a Neuport 28 in American markings from the Air Force Museum
Bruce

learical1

This is a real Hanriot HD1.  I think I took this photo at the Planes of Fame in Chino, CA, but don't hold me to it.
Bruce

learical1

We now have an authentic SPAD VII from the Air Force Museum.
Bruce

learical1

This is a reproduction of a SPAD XIII done in the markings of Frank Luke, the "Arizona Balloon Buster" from Champlin.
Bruce

learical1

We'll close out World War I with a real SPAD XVI from the Air Force Museum.  I'll try to scan and post some 'between the wars' tomorrow.
Bruce

learical1

160 views and not a comment.   :'(  I can watch TV tonight instead of posting more photos.  :yesnod:  I'll look again in about 3 hours from now, after I get home.  Let me know if you'd like to see more.
Bruce

Slowpoke

Interesting planes but not my primary interest. Now the tween war stuff and ww2 planes are much more interesting too me,
and Iwould like to see what you like in them.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

Musicman

I got a buddy who would be drooling over these shots right now.  :drool5:

I like the Fokker Dr-I Triplane myself... always had a soft spot for those 3 winged wonders.

LaOtto70Charger

Thanks for posting.  I liked them.  I still remember reading "Frank Luke Balloon Buster" in grade school.

69rtse4spd

Very nice, did not know the British made a tri plane. Must not have been very successfully.

learical1

Step right up for a very few between the wars.  They are all American planes.  We'll start with a Standard J-1 from the Air Force Museum (AFM)
Bruce

learical1

Next up are a couple of Thomas Morse S-4C's, 2 pix of a replica from the Champlin Fighter Museum (CFM) then the real thing from the AFM
Bruce