News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: F8-4life on July 02, 2012, 01:53:40 PM
Everyone wants something for nothing, so whats new?

Not me, I'm not like the rest of you cheapskate fleabags!  :lol:  I'm heading to Carlisle this weekend with the intention of buying something that really trips my trigger. A nice, clean and original 68 R/T Charger (4 speed only or auto with a/c), '69 6 pack Road Runner (4 spd post car), or a '68 GTX convertible is what interests me. Cash awaits for the right car.    :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

cool, good luck. hope the right car is there. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1974dodgecharger

GOOd point....like we all agree upon very few have true cash in hand mostly credit. I had cash in hand for two cars I bought sight unseen, but asked lots of questions. I had a list of questions roughly 50 and if the seller can answer them to then I believe they are honest to me and show me pictuers of course. Take a pic of this and that under the hood, at this wire etc...

Sure enough I show up to my cars with 35k cash in hand when I bought my vehicles. Or i take them to my bank or friend of bank and hand them the cash.
Quote from: Bobs69 on July 02, 2012, 11:48:17 AM
Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 02, 2012, 09:24:35 AM
Talk is cheap.

I'm not real experienced with buying and selling but it seems to me alot of people look like they got money when really all they got is CREDIT.  For the most of us, in my world at least, it takes steady savings and goal setting to get what you want.  Alot of guys will talk shit because they have the image to maintain and arent' really thinking because they got themselves fooled too.  Then when they crunch some numbers, or more likely talk to their wives, they realize that they can't pull it off.

I remember a story a friend told me back in college.  His dad was trying to choose between 3 new vehicles.  A montanna van, a bonneville, or a caddy.  What do these 3 have in common?  Very little to the casual observer.  It comes down to this.  Your either the type to buy a Caddy or your NOT!  Or the type to buy a Charger or not!  

Men of action VS Men of mouth.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 02, 2012, 02:05:02 PM

Not me, I'm not like the rest of you cheapskate fleabags!  :lol:  I'm heading to Carlisle this weekend with the intention of buying something that really trips my trigger. A nice, clean and original 68 R/T Charger (4 speed only or auto with a/c), '69 6 pack Road Runner (4 spd post car), or a '68 GTX convertible is what interests me. Cash awaits for the right car.    :2thumbs:

What no love for the '69 Charger?  Ill be there & cash talks!  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Aussie R/T

I too hope it sells and you get what you are after.I have to wonder though why the GM color that puzzles me.I understand the change of color to a color you like RED,ORANGE BLUE ect but why look to GM.Buyer knows straight up they are up for thousands to repaint it before they even get ahold of it and if they don't repaint they must prepare to repaint if reselling was on their mind. :shruggy: Having said that my car did not come in undercoat either. :scratchchin:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 03, 2012, 07:21:18 AM

Nope. it's a '68 for me. I like the open grille & round tail lights which makes it look meaner than the 69 & 70 models. 

cdr

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 03, 2012, 10:56:33 AM

Nope. it's a '68 for me. I like the open grille & round tail lights which makes it look meaner than the 69 & 70 models. 
you are so correct
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dino

Quote from: cdr on July 03, 2012, 11:05:22 AM

you are so correct

That's debatable.   :icon_smile_big:

I've had both and I still like the 69 more.  The 68 grille is great, so are the seat covers but the taillights just didn't do it for me as the 69 tl's do.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cdr

Quote from: Dino on July 03, 2012, 11:07:52 AM

you are so correct

I've had both and I still like the 69 more.  The 68 grille is great, so are the seat covers but the taillights just didn't do it for me as the 69 tl's do.
that is what makes this world not so boring  :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Dino

Quote from: cdr on July 03, 2012, 11:10:22 AM

you are so correct

So true.   :2thumbs:

And I'm nitpicking here by the way.  I wouldn't complain about anything on a 68 if one was sitting in my driveway.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

moparstuart

yup , I only own 69's but the 68's are the best 
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Just 6T9 CHGR

you are so correct

Wow what a concept!   :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi-hampton

Every body knows the 1970 Charger is the best :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

I will admit that I was somewhat interested in the loaded '69 orange R/T SE (with the sunroof) that was on fleabay last week, but the 75 grand asking price (with non working a/c & cruise) is just a bit steep.

cdr

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 03, 2012, 11:25:25 AM

you are so correct

Wow what a concept!   :cheers:
yep when im starring at my 68 i sometimes have conceptual thinking :icon_smile_big:

69charger2002

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 03, 2012, 12:28:30 PM
I will admit that I was somewhat interested in the loaded '69 orange R/T SE (with the sunroof) that was on fleabay last week, but the 75 grand asking price (with non working a/c & cruise) is just a bit steep.

that was a beautiful car, but 75k is nuts just for a loaded R/T SE.. You can buy a hemi charger or 440 4 bbl for that kind of coin.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Ghoste

Bobs69

I realize when you are spending big money you (ME) everyone wants to feel like they are coming out on top or getting something for nothing.  You want to feel good about the deal, you want to feel like you WON!

I can't help but think of a time I was on vacation in Zihuatanejo, Mexico.  We stopped and seen this young girl and her mom about buying a couple of really nice blankets.  Had a nice Mexican look to thim, black mostly with lots of colour thrown in.  I wanted two of them(one was to be a thankyou gift to the couple looking after our dog), I was $5 short of what she was asking.  You know, I recognized the work as being GOOD (and I was impressed, they were made by hand, or old school whatever we seen the shop) and the price was reasonable, I wasn't about to try and deal them down just becuase that's what you do in Mexico.  I felt good about the price, showed her my wallet that I had what I said and asked if I could have two of them for whatever the price was minus the $5 we were short.  That time I didn't even really feel good about that. 

So this story may mean nothing when the stakes are high, but where do you draw the line and just deal like honest men (seller & buyer)?  If you are informed and know what you want and what it's worth and the price is somewhat fair, how much dancing do you do?  Flippers, cons, and no nothings I'm guessing do the most jockeying for postion.

1969chargerrtse

"
you are so correct
That's debatable.  
I've had both and I still like the 69 more.  "

Agree 100%  The 69 tail lamps have a mean sinister look.  
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Aussie R/T on July 03, 2012, 09:05:00 AM
I too hope it sells and you get what you are after.I have to wonder though why the GM color that puzzles me.I understand the change of color to a color you like RED,ORANGE BLUE ect but why look to GM.Buyer knows straight up they are up for thousands to repaint it before they even get ahold of it and if they don't repaint they must prepare to repaint if reselling was on their mind. :shruggy: Having said that my car did not come in undercoat either. :scratchchin:
It's the way I got the car.  I always thought it was crazy if your gonna paint a Mopar, use a Mopar color?  I can only think because Gm's Huggar Orange is brighter, that they used that shade?
There's no reason for a repaint, it's beautiful just they way it is.  I got asked lot's of questions but no one asked about the color.  I can't believe all the emails I got, I thought with all the negatives I wrote It wouldn't come close to the 32,100.00 it did.  I got 2 more emails yesterday.  I just hope my next looker buys it as I'm getting tired of the selling process.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 04, 2012, 05:40:18 AM
Quote from: Aussie R/T on July 03, 2012, 09:05:00 AM
It's the way I got the car.  I always thought it was crazy if your gonna paint a Mopar, use a Mopar color?  I can only think because Gm's Huggar Orange is brighter, that they used that shade?
There's no reason for a repaint, it's beautiful just they way it is.  I got asked lot's of questions but no one asked about the color.  I can't believe all the emails I got, I thought with all the negatives I wrote It wouldn't come close to the 32,100.00 it did.  I got 2 more emails yesterday.  I just hope my next looker buys it as I'm getting tired of the selling process.

Are you kidding ????You've only been trying to sell this now for a couple weeks,and 2 ebay auctions !!Takes some cars/people 4,5,6 months or longer to sell a car,if it even does .Did you honestly think it was going to fly off the shelf for you ????
I've only had one car sell first time out for me on ebay and it was my 34 ford model b pickup,I was blown away by the following of them.
My 69 skylark street /strip car,started it on a buick website back in sep 2011,no takers,5 times on ebay,finally in march 2012 it sold.A turn key 11.90's car,tons of money into the engine/drivetrain to sell for a mere $7,200.Was like pulling teeth to get that !!!! 5-6k in the eng alone!!!
Why I've been saying when you have someone serious with a decent offer,take it !!!!!You're first offer is usually the best.
Talk about shortchanging myself,first auction,had a guy come from NY to buy for his son,my res was $8,900,he offered to have me end auction early and had $8,400 on him,I said let it go and if it does'nt sell I'd consider the offer,NTM,he was buying it for his 19 year old son who never drove a fast car in his life,and I honestly did'nt feel good about selling to them ,forseeing him getting hurt in the thing.
Things happen for a reason,but can't help thinkng should have taken it,would have gotten $1,200 more out of it.
So,Rob,my opinion,don't be difficult with people with the cash in hand and try to wring them out for more,takewhat you can get and be happy.

1969chargerrtse

No, not kidding. Yes I did think it would fly with the first person. All the cars I've sold my whole life went fast and easy, but because they were beautiful cars like this one. I'm not money hungry, When It's time to move on, I wanna move on.  I need the money like anyone one else, but I like to sell at a fair price.
A type personality.  When I'm done, I'm done. Like a light switch.  I'm done. Like the Seinfeld soup nazi episode at the very end, NEXT!!

jaak

In this economy it is not easy to sell any car, much less an expensive classic. That being said, you can and will sell it, just takes time and the right serious buyer. I think we all are guilty of using eBay, etc. as a price guide to what are cars are worth...but that is not the case eBay, Barrett Jackson, etc. are not REAL WORLD prices. A lot of folks bid up cars on eBay just to find out what the reserve is, then either not follow through with the deal, or retract their bid. I've sold a couple of cars on eBay, I only use it as a tool to help me sell it (when they have a special with cheap listing fees). I list the car with a buy it now or reserve considerably higher than what I really want for the car. When the auction ends, and doesn't sell, then you start getting offers (some real, most dreamers), then you can take it from there. Finally you get an offer of what you actually wanted (or close to it). Then you get what you want and the buyer thinks he 'talked' you down on the price, then everyone's happy. I had a nice 73 4-speed Rallye, it took me almost 3 months to sell it and I was only asking 7 grand. Times are tough, hang in there you will sell it when the right time and buyer comes along.

Jason

Charger440RDN

Quote from: jaak on July 04, 2012, 11:20:10 AM
In this economy it is not easy to sell any car

I totally agree wih this, I recently sold my daily driver that was in good condition, nice body etc, only asking $2,500 and people tried to talk me down from that price  :lol: Took a month to sell, It must be the economy.

1969chargerrtse

Well the guy can't make it. Here's a text to me 5 mins ago.

" Flights delayed due to bad weather in Detroit
Won't make it for the return flight in time. Can't switch my shift at wrk tmrw.. Soooo
Just ate $310 bucks.
Can't make it. "

That's that for now. Not gonna worry about it. Feel bad for the lost of money though. I'm done for now.