News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

The crappy part now Rob,is to all those interested parties,they think games are being played now.Scares off people when this happens.

bakerhillpins

Sorry to hear it fell through. Posting it up in the For Sale section is the way to go.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

charger_fan_4ever

There is a reason I refer to to ebay as E BAG. Another troll has surfaced.

Wonder what the issue was ?  Though the dude already sent the $$

:popcrn:

Dino

Sorry to hear the deal fell apart.

Put your car on CL and deal with local people first.  Save yourself another headache.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tan top

oh no  thats a bummer  , sorry to hear this Rob
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger01

Think we all saw this coming.  Circumstances were just too ideal. as was stated true buyers get Leary seeing a car on eBay multiple times.  I wish you luck. 

charger_fan_4ever

What I don't get is how can you retract your bid ? I thought only the seller could cancel a bid ?

DC_1

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 26, 2012, 11:00:14 AM
What I don't get is how can you retract your bid ? I thought only the seller could cancel a bid ?

He ended the auction early......thus all bets are off.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on June 26, 2012, 11:06:34 AM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 26, 2012, 11:00:14 AM

He ended the auction early......thus all bets are off.

Yes but it was bid to 35k then the high bidder retracted the bid and it dropped to high 20's. I don't get how you can retract a bid. If this is the case no wonder there is so many ebag games.

bakerhillpins

Ebay built in bid retraction years ago.  I think you have to provide a "reason" since the bid was originally a "binding contract".   :rofl:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1970Moparmann

This is why you see a lot of people putting in a "large" number on a car to see what the reserve is, and then retract.  

Ebay policy-

As a general rule, you can't retract or cancel a bid. Once you place a bid, you agree to pay for the item if you're the winning bidder. However, honest mistakes sometimes occur.

If you want to retract a bid:

Review the conditions and time restrictions for canceling a bid.

If you feel you have a valid reason for canceling a bid, fill out the Bid Retractions form.

If you want to cancel a Best Offer, use the Best Offer Cancellation form.

If you won an item and you no longer want to buy it, you need to contact the seller.

A bid on eBay is considered a contract, and you're obligated to purchase the item. Read about changing your mind about an item.
Under what conditions can I retract a bid?

Whether you can retract a bid depends on the circumstances and timing of the bid. You can retract a bid for the following reasons:

You accidentally entered the wrong bid amount due to a typographical error. For example, you bid $99.50 instead of $9.95. If this happens, you need to reenter the correct bid amount right away. Changing your mind does not qualify as accidentally entering a wrong bid amount.

The item's description changed significantly after you entered your last bid. For example, the seller updated details about the item's features or condition.

You can't reach the seller by telephone or email.

How long do I have to retract a bid?

If you meet any of the above conditions, consult the following table to determine if you meet the time restrictions for retracting the bid.
Time restrictions for retracting a bid

Auction ending time

Retraction allowed?

Result

Listing ends in more than 12 hours

Yes

When you retract the bid, we remove all bids you placed on the item. If you are correcting a bidding error, you must bid again.

Listing ends in less than 12 hours

Yes, but only if you retract the bid within one hour of placing it

When you retract the bid, we remove only your most recent bid. Bids you placed prior to the last 12 hours of the listing are not removed.
What if I can't retract a bid?

If you can't retract a bid, you can contact the seller to request that your bid be canceled. The decision to cancel a bid is up to the seller.

Other terms

Please remember that every bid is binding, unless the item is listed in a category covered by the non-binding bid policy or the sale is prohibited by law or by our User Agreement. Bidding on multiple identical items should be done only if you intend to buy all of the items.

Your bids affect how other users bid for an item and the item's final selling price. We carefully investigate all bid retractions to determine whether they are appropriate and conform to the rules for buyers. Abuse of bid retractions can result in the suspension of your account.

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Charger440RDN

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 26, 2012, 11:51:30 AM
 We carefully investigate all bid retractions to determine whether they are appropriate and conform to the rules for buyers. Abuse of bid retractions can result in the suspension of your account.

If they do get suspended they will show up on Ebay again with a new user ID and e-mail account. That enforcement policy is a joke.

TUFCAT

I was worried this would happen.

If this is a dirty eBay deal PLEASE contact them to investigate. Unfortunately these people are are over the place.

Btw, I thought a portion of the money was transferred to your account and the Trans Am balanced the deal before shipping your car?  :scratchchin:

Let us know to help figure out this new scam? Because it seams to me like you would have profited already?  :no:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: bull on June 22, 2012, 02:30:31 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 22, 2012, 01:59:22 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 22, 2012, 01:52:07 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 22, 2012, 01:35:12 PM
With you wanting a T/A it couldn't have played out any better for you IMO. That is  assuming you got in the neighbourhood of $15k to boot. The car even delivered to the door.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Thanks guys. It was just unreal. 2 people stick it to me, I move 5 feet from my computer and the phone rings and not only is it sold for more than the reserve, a loaded TA vert is dropped at my door. Shipping both cars enclosed is costing him 1800.00  Flipping amazing. Super guy  Thanks eBay a holes.
Oh and by the way that is one hell of a guess!  :icon_smile_wink:

But wait, theres more. And on the phone he says to me. I'll leave it insured and the plate on so you can use it to get it registered. Wow. Thanks.

I wouldn't get too excited until all these promises are fulfilled.

A 69 Charger for a T/A. :rotz: :'(

Exactly what I was thinking. Sorry to hear that or maybe a sign from above to keep it. LEON.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 22, 2012, 08:50:47 PM
He just texted me now saying the money was sent and when I remove any dust from the TA use Final Inspection.  This guy is so car clean anal.  I love it.

Was the Money sent? Did you send money back?

charger01

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 26, 2012, 05:47:44 PM
I was worried this would happen.

If this is a dirty eBay deal PLEASE contact them to investigate. Unfortunately these people are are over the place.

Btw, I thought a portion of the money was transferred to your account and the Trans Am balanced the deal before shipping your car?  :scratchchin:

Let us know to help figure out this new scam? Because it seams to me like you would have profited already?  :no:

eBay won't do anything about it considering he ended the auction early to sell it on his own.  

1969chargerrtse

No scam. The highest bidder did the ole, Oops I entered the wrong amount thing. The guy I closed the auction for did electronically send the balance and I sent it back. The TA was the issue and we agreed to just call it off. No biggie.   Yeah It did seem to good to be true.  I closed the auction because 2 bidders retracted bids and at the same time he called me. But non of that worked out anyway.
It's no difference than showing your car to 10 people from an classified ad, some work out, some don't. It took 2 post on eBay to sell the vette I had, I'll try one more time then I'll either keep it, or Cl.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

Wow,with a 4k orig mile car,there should'nt have been any issues !!!!

charger_fan_4ever

Hopefully nobody clicks the buy it now and then retracts that move as apparently they can do that too.
Did you post it on cars online ?

vick79

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 27, 2012, 05:35:43 AM
No scam. The highest bidder did the ole, Oops I entered the wrong amount thing. The guy I closed the auction for did electronically send the balance and I sent it back. The TA was the issue and we agreed to just call it off. No biggie.   Yeah It did seem to good to be true.  I closed the auction because 2 bidders retracted bids and at the same time he called me. But non of that worked out anyway.
It's no difference than showing your car to 10 people from an classified ad, some work out, some don't. It took 2 post on eBay to sell the vette I had, I'll try one more time then I'll either keep it, or Cl.

Hey Rob, I was following your ebay auction after we talked, I was happy to see you got your asking price, assumed deal went thru. Sorry to hear about the mess. If we were closer could hv worked something out. I ended up getting a 70 RT yesterday... not as clean as yours but im happy. Good luck with the sale.

Vic
'70 Charger RT

1969chargerrtse

That's great that you just got a 70 R/T!  The deals don't always work out, thanks anyway.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

resq302

I see it is back on the bag.  Better luck with it this time!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1969chargerrtse

I want to be straight up with you guys.  I was to upset to talk about it before. What happened on eBay was the deal went through as planned. The guy had the car shipped to me and he sent the 15k agreed.
The issue is he didn't find my car as perfect as he expected. The guy that came down to look at my car went over it with a fine tooth comb. The left rear may have been replaced and I didn't' know that. Any tiny tiny flaw was terrible to them.  I told them it was a 35k car, not a 60k car. but the guy in Ohio with the TA wanted way more than I had to offer.
I just listed all these details and pictures on eBay. That's what happened. eBay was a great tool, it just didn't work out on my end and that was real hard to accept.
Sorry for not being honest about it, but I had to get over the rejection first. For 5 years people did hand stands when they see my car, this guy said It wasn't worthy.  A real ego buster. And he wanted me to pay 1/2 his expenses? My car was listed correct, I did not hide anything knowingly. I lost over 5k by refusing 2, 40k offers, 3 35k offers, now I'm re listing it.
I don't care anymore. Sale ends Sat. If it doesn't sell that's fine, I'll use it until I get an offer.
I felt I needed to let you know, you've been very supportive.  

Oh he even said it needed a repaint.  :o  WTF?  That told me they wanted a rotisserie car.  I stated it was not.
This picture is from tonight, look o.k to you?

Dino

I'm very sorry to hear Rob, I really am.  It'll work out in the end, don't worry.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.