News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 13, 2012, 08:41:11 AM
Quote from: rick.d on June 13, 2012, 07:54:15 AM
You gotta be kidding!!??? No way in hell i would sell that Charger for the reasons you listed.
I mean the market is down, so people are probally going to play that game on you, and when you buy the Pontiac, all of a sudden its priced kind of high?
Its your choice, but your gonna regret it. If you were my parent i would never let you sell that to pay for my college. Get rid of the kids first.
The basic reasons listed are I've had my pain and fun with the car and I'd like to move on.  I use it to little to justify having it sit when I can buy a newer fun car and side my house. When college bills roll in 2 years from now, the 35,000.00 sitting Charger wont be an issue.  I can then fire up the TA and roar down the road with the top down and blasting the radio.  I'm comfortable with my decision.

Rob,so then you'd have a $20,000 T/A in the garage,and $15,000 worth of siding on the house,so either way your $35,000 is gone.You're in the same predicament.Did'nt you say you were moving within 4 years? Spend a few hundred and just paint the house. :shruggy: Just a thought.Now ,if you you are saying you have had your fun with the Charger and what to change,then again,I understand.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 13, 2012, 09:35:40 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 13, 2012, 08:41:11 AM
Quote from: rick.d on June 13, 2012, 07:54:15 AM
You gotta be kidding!!??? No way in hell i would sell that Charger for the reasons you listed.
I mean the market is down, so people are probally going to play that game on you, and when you buy the Pontiac, all of a sudden its priced kind of high?
Its your choice, but your gonna regret it. If you were my parent i would never let you sell that to pay for my college. Get rid of the kids first.
The basic reasons listed are I've had my pain and fun with the car and I'd like to move on.  I use it to little to justify having it sit when I can buy a newer fun car and side my house. When college bills roll in 2 years from now, the 35,000.00 sitting Charger wont be an issue.  I can then fire up the TA and roar down the road with the top down and blasting the radio.  I'm comfortable with my decision.

Rob,so then you'd have a $20,000 T/A in the garage,and $15,000 worth of siding on the house,so either way your $35,000 is gone.You're in the same predicament.Did'nt you say you were moving within 4 years? Spend a few hundred and just paint the house. :shruggy: Just a thought.Now ,if you you are saying you have had your fun with the Charger and what to change,then again,I understand.
It's not the same if I have 20 in a car, and the house is sided as having 35 in just the car.  I am kinda down with the classic scene.
My most interested buyer just told me he can't get the loan so who knows? I may keep it anyway. I'll wait a bit and give eBay a shot. Maybe Hemming's, and if the market says no to 35. I have no problem keeping it.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 13, 2012, 09:45:58 AM
My most interested buyer just told me he can't get the loan so who knows? 

I bet that is frustrating  :brickwall: One is interested, but if they have no means to purchase, were they ever your "most interested buyer"?  :Twocents:

1974dodgecharger

shoot sell it to me and Ill make payments on it how much monthly do you want and for how long  :popcrn:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on June 13, 2012, 10:45:16 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 13, 2012, 09:45:58 AM
My most interested buyer just told me he can't get the loan so who knows?  

I bet that is frustrating  :brickwall: One is interested, but if they have no means to purchase, were they ever your "most interested buyer"?  :Twocents:
No. I understand. I just feel bad because he wants it so bad. He said he could have the money in Oct. I may have it in Oct?  No rush to sell. I'll throw it out there. I don't mind looking at it or driving it.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

charger_fan_4ever

Funny how the cars wanted section is riddled with ads, but no takers.

There was a 69 r/t non numbers match auto converted to 4 speed with a pretty decent body. Older resto so 2 piece trunk floor. Sold it for $36k a couple months ago in under a week.

Your car this side of the border would sell in no time at $35k.

1969chargerrtse

I'm starting a write up for eBay. Here's some detail about the car.

Hello I'm selling my 69 Charger R/T SE. It's a true (XS29) R/T SE car with a/c, pw, pdbrakes, ps, full tinted glass, auto with floor console. I bought it on eBay in 2007 from South California for 29,500.00.  I have over 15,000,00 more invested to make it as beautiful as it looks. The original color was Y2 yellow with a vinyl top. The paint is real nice but not flawless, but you will. Ot be disappointed. The paint is Gm Hugger orange bade coat clear coat.  I have the heat in the car disconnected so the  interior stays  cool,  the A/C system is not completely installed. I do not have any other parts. It's a  real real pretty car as can be seen. Nice straight body. New windshield a few years back. The interior has new rugs and seat covers, and the gauges and SE dash wood have been restored.  The motor  is date code correct but not the original engine for the car.  It always runs on the cool side and never over heats.  Professional rebuilt a few years back. Runs great on regular gas.  3 speed trani works fine. Tiny drip in one corner. Rare disk brakes are fantastic.  Exhaust exact original reproduction.  The car is ready to go.  I use it all the time. It's turn key ready. They made about 90,000 Chargers and only 1,500 had power windows. They all work fine. To own one of these cars is a gift. Even kids of today drool over this car and they didn't grow up in that era. I do not have the build sheet or fender tag. I can prove every option on this car as originally equipped.  This was a life long dream for me to own one of these.  In 1969 at 14 I was at the Dodge dealership begging my parents to buy the new 69 Charger. It took me 40 years to get one. This 69 R/T SE is  a beautiful running car. I did all the hard work. I did all the detailing to make it right. If your dream was to own one of Americas most respected bad ass muscle car's, then this car is for you. It was an honor to own it and it's time to make someone else's dream come true.  

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 13, 2012, 11:12:10 AM

There was a 69 r/t non numbers match auto converted to 4 speed with a pretty decent body. Older resto so 2 piece trunk floor. Sold it for $36k a couple months ago in under a week.

Wow. I think I'm gonna eBay it tonight if I have the time. It'll be interesting to see what these in this shape bring?  I just don't know but since I have to much in it and my best buyer is out, let's give it a shot. I'm dreading something stupid like 23,0000.00

TUFCAT

Here's a tip, don't post the reserve price in your ad, or the minor things wrong like the console cover and reverse lamps  :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 13, 2012, 11:18:18 AM
Here's a tip, don't post the reserve price in your ad, or the minor things wrong like the console cover and reverse lamps  :Twocents:
I was hoping they would see the honesty and know if I posted that stuff, the rest must be good?

charger_fan_4ever

I'd state it all so there is no surprises. Nothing like talking to a seller and have them run it all down as good, then when you show up you hear this does not work that does not work. I would imagine that is even worse if bought sight unseen.

Is the underside of the car painted too ? meaning a rotisserie paint job ?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 13, 2012, 11:12:10 AM

no offense to forum members but we still believe our chargers are made of gold theres been only a couple of chargers in that for sale section that were true and honest with pricing. NGS was one of and he sold his car to a guy in france and he posted it aftwards. NGS was honest also saying it needed brakes bled and what not.  It was at 15k price tag well worth it and another member has his at 20k another well worth car.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 13, 2012, 11:43:21 AM
I'd state it all so there is no surprises. Nothing like talking to a seller and have them run it all down as good, then when you show up you hear this does not work that does not work. I would imagine that is even worse if bought sight unseen.

No. It's a great looking driver but not restored underside. Original underneath. Just factory under coating. It's a hard call to be 100% honest. My seller screwed me over. But I survived.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 13, 2012, 11:55:12 AM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 13, 2012, 11:43:21 AM

No. It's a great looking driver but not restored underside. Original underneath. Just factory under coating. It's a hard call to be 100% honest. My seller screwed me over. But I survived.

Be interesting to see how the auction goes. IMO a #'s match r/t rotisserie done car is still worth 50k. That being said I still think 35k is a fair price for your car. The only "kicker" would be the tag the last owner had made up. Wouldn't be an issue if the buildsheet was present as you could have a repro tag done. I'm not a big #'s match everything guy, but its nice to have the tag and body #'s all in a line.

If i was you i think i would list it as no fender tag. The non correct tag thing might open a can of worms. I'd just say no tag or b/s, but body #'s all match the VIN.

Dino

Honestly, if I were to pay $35K I'd want things like backup lights and console fixed.  Not because it's costly to fix but because it would make me wonder what else is wrong.
No heat and a/c would be okay if it would just need to be hooked up but missing parts may scare some people.

Of course it's better to be honest than to not mention those things but I would opt for repairing as much as possible first.

Also post the link to your resto thread and tell potential buyers that it was a lemon and you turned it into a reliable driver. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1969chargerrtse

Appreciate all the ideas. It's very hard to put a price on any of these cars?  I've been doing this for decades. I have a great feel for cars and prices. But ya never know?  Some sell way to high. Some sell to cheap. 35k it is. If you saw it, you'd agree. If not. I keep it. Good for me either way.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 13, 2012, 12:12:04 PM
Honestly, if I were to pay $35K I'd want things like backup lights and console fixed.  Not because it's costly to fix but because it would make me wonder what else is wrong.
No heat and a/c would be okay if it would just need to be hooked up but missing parts may scare some people.

Of course it's better to be honest than to not mention those things but I would opt for repairing as much as possible first.

Also post the link to your resto thread and tell potential buyers that it was a lemon and you turned it into a reliable driver.  
See. Now to me the little things are not an issue and makes me believe the seller is honest and the rest of the car is great. To post the link may scare people away thinkIng it was a lemon. We all think different.

Dino

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 13, 2012, 12:16:33 PM
Honestly, if I were to pay $35K I'd want things like backup lights and console fixed.  Not because it's costly to fix but because it would make me wonder what else is wrong.

See. Now to me the little things are not an issue and makes me believe the seller is honest and the rest of the car is great. To post the link may scare people away thinkIng it was a lemon. We all think different.

I believe you'll encounter people on both sides of that isle.  I guess that either works as long as you word it right.  I'm just wondering what your car would be worth with and without the repairs, I honestly don't know what it's worth.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Homerr

Your narrative seemed rambling and unorganized.  I liked the honesty overall, and would consider posting a link to your thread here as a work log in lieu of listing the negatives.

Also, this part confuses me (I'm newer to dc.com and haven't read your car thread yet):  "I do not have the build sheet or correct fender tag, but I do have the tag that came with the car when I bought it."

TUFCAT

The honesty shows through but your an honest guy so whomever you talk to should know that right away. I would search through ebay listings from "big dollar" cars to see how their information is organized and presented.

I think its a good idea to post the restoration thread from DC.com. I wonder if anyone else agrees - because that's honesty !

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 13, 2012, 12:21:14 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 13, 2012, 12:16:33 PM

I believe you'll encounter people on both sides of that isle.  I guess that either works as long as you word it right.  I'm just wondering what your car would be worth with and without the repairs, I honestly don't know what it's worth.
You got to be kidding me?  A little thing like back up lamp switch?  Go back read my thread about all the things not told to me?  15,000.00 in parts is a lot of parts to replace or restore. I thought it was turn key perfect when I bid on it. If someone doesn't want it over those tiny issues, they don't deserve to own a 40 year old extremely collectible classic Charger R/T.
I can just imagine the number of pages this thread will generate.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Homerr on June 13, 2012, 12:23:27 PM
Your narrative seemed rambling and unorganized.  I liked the honesty overall, and would consider posting a link to your thread here as a work log in lieu of listing the negatives.

Also, this part confuses me (I'm newer to dc.com and haven't read your car thread yet):  "I do not have the build sheet or correct fender tag, but I do have the tag that came with the car when I bought it."

Yeah that was a quick thrown together thing. Gotta fine tune it later. My hearts not really into selling it and it shows. The tag part is gone but I got a tag with the car that was inaccurate. So I have it, but it's not correct. It's a repro tag.

hemi68charger

Regardless of anything and/or anyone, good luck on the sale. Just be honest like you are, but don't post the reserve in the ad. You could double the fee with a auction and "sell it now" option.......

From my experience with trying to sell my Daytona on ebay, you'll get a lot of attention. Just stick to your asking price. If someone tries to pick it apart, just tell them you already know, but thanks for the observation.  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 13, 2012, 01:00:48 PM
Regardless of anything and/or anyone, good luck on the sale. Just be honest like you are, but don't post the reserve in the ad. You could double the fee with a auction and "sell it now" option.......

From my experience with trying to sell my Daytona on ebay, you'll get a lot of attention. Just stick to your asking price. If someone tries to pick it apart, just tell them you already know, but thanks for the observation.  :icon_smile_big:

:2thumbs:  We'll see. right now I don't feel like doing anything. I started the thread with, I'm thinking about selling my Charger.

What's the prob with listing reserve. They're gonna ask anyway.

1969chargerrtse

I redid some of the post. I'll fix the b/up lamps and screw the stupid cover on.

I'm starting a write up for eBay. Here's some detail about the car.

Hello I'm selling my 69 Charger R/T SE. It's a true (XS29) R/T SE car with a/c, pw, pdbrakes, ps, full tinted glass, auto with floor console. I bought it on eBay in 2007 from South California for 29,500.00.  I have over 15,000,00 more invested to make it as beautiful as it looks. The original color was Y2 yellow with a vinyl top. The paint is real nice but not flawless, but you will not be disappointed. The paint is Gm Hugger orange base coat clear coat.  I have the heat in the car disconnected so the interior stays  cool,  the A/C system is not completely installed. I do not have any other parts. It's a  real real pretty car as can be seen. Nice straight body. New windshield a few years back. The interior has new rugs and seat covers, and the gauges and SE dash wood have been restored.  The motor  is date code correct but not the original engine for the car.  It always runs on the cool side and never over heats.  Professional rebuilt a few years back. Runs great on regular gas.  3 speed trani works fine. Tiny drip in one corner. Rare disk brakes are fantastic.  Exhaust exact original reproduction.  The car is ready to go.  I use it all the time. It's turn key ready. They made about 90,000 Chargers and only 1,500 had power windows. They all work fine. To own one of these cars is a gift. Even kids of today drool over this car and they didn't grow up in that era. I do not have the build sheet or fender tag. I can prove every option on this car as originally equipped.  This was a life long dream for me to own one of these.  In 1969 at 14 I was at the Dodge dealership begging my parents to buy the new 69 Charger. It took me 40 years to get one. This 69 R/T SE is  a beautiful running car. I did all the hard work. I did all the detailing to make it right. If your dream was to own one of Americas most respected bad ass muscle car's, then this car is for you. It was an honor to own it and it's time to make someone else's dream come true.