News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help!

Started by nygiantgal, June 06, 2012, 12:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nygiantgal

Year One is having a one day 25% off all non discounted parts today (WED66 is the code if you all want/need anything) AND i just got called into work for overtime so yea - I'm going to have money for parts!!!  The thing is I'm not exactly sure what some of the parts I want are called... for some reason thingamagig isn't in YearOne's inventory.

I've been looking around this site and I have a couple guesses but if you could confirm or correct my names, i would REALLY appreciate your wisdom.  

Thanks for playing "What's this part called" with me!

Ok, first part passenger side pillar post??? (I'm talking about the thing that's between the windshield and the passenger window)

Also, you can kinda see the shape the dash is in, would a dash pad or a dash cap be the way to go?  

here's the driver's side... you can see how it's crumbling a little better - do you think they sell these things separately or in pairs.

nygiantgal

Thanks for looking at this, and for your help... I love this car really can't wait to get her on the road - unfortunately we've got to get her restored til we can legally drive her (i'm going for the restoration tags to avoid the yearly inspection) and so I'm trying to do everything to get her roadworthy.

Ok, enough about that - on to the next picture

my guess... driver's side sail panel???? For some reason these parts seem to have dry rotted but when I just looked at it, maybe its not the big triangle piece but the long narrow white part that runs along the roof?  What do you think?

nygiantgal

Ok, last one... thanks again for looking!!

This part, I have no idea what to call... its the 7 shaped chrome piece that wraps around the back window.  The chrome looks alright on the trim part but the wide part is pitted and peeling pretty badly.  We were just planning on masking off the good part of the chrome and sanding it down and shooting the pitted area silver but if they sell these for a decent price...

Thank you all so much!!!

Troy

Unfortunately, I'm not sure Year One will have any of those parts. I am no expert on the 3rd generation cars though! Someone may be making the parts at this point but I don't check often enough to know.

The first is called "A pillar trim". It usually comes in a set. I'm not sure if it's unique to the Charger.

The next is the sail panel. The trim along the roof is probably metal so I doubt that isn't missing a part. You should be able to compare it to the passenger side.

I don't know the official name for the last piece - although it's probably something like "quarter window trim".

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

As for pad and cap, I would rather get the whole pad myself. You can splurge a little with 25% off IMO and those caps can be a real pain.

twodko

The 7 shaped thingy is called belt molding.......at least on my 69 it is. Oh, welcome and remember there are no "stupid" questions.  :2thumbs:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

nygiantgal

Thank you all SO MUCH!!!  I am really glad to have found this site - your knowledge and willingness to help are appreciated more then words can express. 

Dino

It's thingamajig, not thingamagig.  That's why you couldn't find it!   :icon_smile_big:

I'd shop at Legendary or Dante's for interior parts.  Even with a discount like that YO may still be more expensive than the others.  There will always be discounts for parts so don't worry about it too much when you miss one.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

nygiantgal

Quote from: Dino on June 07, 2012, 03:50:33 PM
It's thingamajig, not thingamagig.  That's why you couldn't find it!   :icon_smile_big:

LOL, so that's why I couldn't find it  :icon_smile_big:

I appreciate the heads up on the best places to find parts - thanks! Going to go over and check out their sites now  :2thumbs: