News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

buying a new project

Started by jobbless, June 03, 2012, 10:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobbless

71 charger. Mild build 68 440 at 8.75 355 sure grip. Needs work. Dash is apart. The gauges stopped working. Dented and rusty . White bucket seat interior with console. Rally gauges, bubble hood. RT tail lights. Used to be fairly quick. Been sitting 10 years.
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

jobbless

68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

OldGuy

"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

jobbless

It belonged to one of my good friends. So I am paying more than I would like, $2500.  I think parting it out might get me the money back. But we drove the crap out of this in the 90s. I would hate to see that happen. Someone was over looking at it and made an offer today. He called me and that's where we are at now. I have to have it out from his dad's in the next month. The car is 3 hours from me right now.
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

nygiantgal

Really nice car!!!  It looks as though it has a lot of promise - i love the fact that its already got a history for you!  Good luck!!!

jobbless

We used to hang out in a parking lot on the weekends, all old cars lined up toward the street.  Used to race across the lot. If anyone got beat. Jamie raced them with the charger. I don't remember him losing a race. There were even guys that towed their cars up there to race. And this big blue monster would shut them down.
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

c00nhunterjoe

What part of pa is the car in?

Scaregrabber

71 is my favorite year by far. Neat car.

Sheldon

jobbless

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 04, 2012, 08:51:29 PM
What part of pa is the car in?
Harrisburg, belonged to my head friend. He lived in the house just behind me growing up. I moved to Pittsburgh 11 years ago. It has been sitting basically since I moved away. He has since moved away also. And his dad wants it gone. 
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

jobbless

Are r/t doors attainable?  Or are they  crazy expensive?  If I decide to keep this thing forever, I would like to make it look like a real r/t. Oh that's right I would have to buy a hood too. Forget it. I had a 71 r/t hood a few years ago. A friend sold it at Carlisle for me, ended up getting 1800 for it without an insert.  Crazy stuff..
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

c00nhunterjoe

Its a small world, I'm only about 40 minutes from harrisburg

jobbless

68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console