News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ape hanger bars. Like a cat hanging on a screen door

Started by tracpack440, June 02, 2012, 03:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Bob T

Either
a) Just stolen some really tall dude's bike or
b) Trying to overcompensate for the small space he occupies standing at the urinal

What a moron, unsafe as, little control at any speed  :loser:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

TruckDriver

That not only looks stupid, but that is stupid to have a road bike. That is a accident in the making cause that has to be hard to drive like that.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mytur Binsdirti

Lennard

That has to be fake cause you can't go aroud a corner like that, no leverage.

DC_1

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

skip68

You know how I know you're gay?
because you have ape hangers .......
:smilielol: 
I never understood those.  I guess it was the style back in the day but it sure looks retarded now.  Very little control and stability with those things.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Then again, they are Harley's so there's a good chance they spent more time working on them than riding them.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

DC_1

I stand corrected!

.....sometimes, just because you can doesn't mean you should!

Cooter

To each his/her own. Have numerous biker buds.  The remarks made here wouldn't be made in person so therefore, I refuse to make 'em here. :Twocents:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ponch ®

i guess those ape hangers and pipes are the white trash equivalent of the mexican pointy boots?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mike DC

What's the point of this?  You can't drive it over a speed bump in a parking lot in the real world, never mind going really fast in the real world.  But it still gets lots of praise from our kind.

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 02, 2012, 12:03:43 PM
What's the point of this?  You can't drive it over a speed bump in a parking lot in the real world, never mind going really fast in the real world.  But it still gets lots of praise from our kind.

Not from me it wouldn't.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Drache on June 02, 2012, 09:08:43 AM
Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on June 02, 2012, 07:21:23 AM
I call fake.

Different bike, same ape hangers:

Looks like the same bike and same guy, but a different paint job. My buddy has ape hangers  but not nearly that big  and his bike is hard to maneuver. Well to each his own.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Kern Dog

I've often thought that those look stupid, but the ones in THESE pictures look dangerous as well.
I know a few riders, but no "Bikers". The riders I know have normal looking bikes.

TK73

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 02, 2012, 12:03:43 PM

OOOOO, badassness
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

472 R/T SE

South Dakota of all places, law is the bars can't be higher than the rider's shoulder's.

hemigeno

bakerhillpins

:brickwall:   :smilielol:

That's as ridiculous as it is funny.   :slap: 
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jar1292

utah has the same law not above the shoulders.... cops use best judgment but they can pull you over for it. a good way to catch the guys with a little to much booze on there breath.
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

Fred

I love Harley's but it amazes me that these things would pass as road worthy. How do they get away with registering them?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Come to think of it................how do you stop your hands from going numb?  Surely you'd lose all feeling especially in your fingers. 

Fred

Quote from: Ponch ® on June 02, 2012, 10:56:55 AM
i guess those ape hangers and pipes are the white trash equivalent of the mexican pointy boots?

Hey Ponch, I thought you said there was a point to pointy toed cowboy boots?