News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hatfield & McCoy

Started by jaak, June 01, 2012, 08:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

Who else watched the 3 part movie on History Channel. I thought it was a good movie, wished they would have made a series out of it.

Jason

Old Moparz

I watched the 1st one in full, forgot the 2nd one was on until the last 30 minutes, but did see the 3rd one in full & thought it was decent.   :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BrianShaughnessy

I thought the whole thing was pretty good.    Certainly better than watching some useless singing contests.

I'm one of those history buff types that looks for the inaccuracies.    And they did change the story in places.  Then they filmed it in Romania  :scratchchin:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bobs66440

I saw most of it. I have to say, that was about the most violent, bloody, disturbing movie of any type I have ever seen. To the extreme. If it was anywhere near accurate to real life, those people were like freakin' animals.  :eek2:

It was very depressing to watch. Amazing lack of conscience on all fronts.  :P

Drache

Quote from: bobs66440 on June 02, 2012, 08:49:32 AM
I saw most of it. I have to say, that was about the most violent, bloody, disturbing movie of any type I have ever seen. To the extreme. If it was anywhere near accurate to real life, those people were like freakin' animals.  :eek2:

It was very depressing to watch. Amazing lack of conscience on all fronts.  :P

"The feud reached its peak during the 1888 New Year's Night Massacre. Several members of the Hatfield clan surrounded the McCoy cabin and opened fire on the sleeping family. The cabin was set on fire in an effort to drive Randolph McCoy into the open. He escaped by making a break for it, but two of his children were murdered, and his wife was beaten and left for dead. The remaining members of the McCoy family moved to Pikeville to escape the West Virginia raiding parties."

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

General_01

I liked it. I too wish they would have made a series out of it like Deadwood. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Drache

Quote from: General_01 on June 02, 2012, 09:18:26 PM
I liked it. I too wish they would have made a series out of it like Deadwood. :2thumbs:

at first I thought the same but then they would have had to add many things that didn't really happen to draw it out into a series. Granted the feud took place over a period of almost 30 years (although most of the killing took place in a period of almost the last 10 years. Only about a dozen total were killed. The first murder was in 1865 and the last I think was in 1888. Then there was a legal hanging in 1890 if I'm not mistaken.

Which means for a mini series most would have found it a whole lot of daily living and not enough "action" to keep them interested.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

jaak

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on June 02, 2012, 08:21:48 AM
I thought the whole thing was pretty good.    Certainly better than watching some useless singing contests.

I'm one of those history buff types that looks for the inaccuracies.    And they did change the story in places.  Then they filmed it in Romania  :scratchchin:

Yeah most 'true story' movies have to be changed due to time restraints and to add some Hollywood drama, so I agree with you. With that being said, I still thought it was a good mini-series.

Jason

ChgrSteve67

Even back then they should have started by killing the lawyers.
Life would have been even simpler

Seemed like the Mcoys always started shit and the Hatfields went after them for revenge.

nvrbdn

i really enjoyed it. thought it was well done.kept to the facts. had a friend say the ending could have been better. really? so we change the history for a better ending?  :smilielol: the funny part is how some people think the mcoys were the better family and were sucked in to the feud where others thought the hatfields were the family that was treated wrong. i guess its all up to the way people read into the story.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jaak

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 02, 2012, 10:53:56 PM
i really enjoyed it. thought it was well done.kept to the facts. had a friend say the ending could have been better. really? so we change the history for a better ending?  :smilielol: the funny part is how some people think the mcoys were the better family and were sucked in to the feud where others thought the hatfields were the family that was treated wrong. i guess its all up to the way people read into the story.

I think that's why I liked the movie so well...I don't think one was better than the other, or one was right or one was wrong. I found myself all throughout the series siding with the McCoys at one part, then moments later siding with the Hatfields, both of them had good and bad things about their personalities. One thing for sure I hated Perry Kline and Bad Frank, those dudes sucked, LOL.

Jason

mrsskip68

When's the dvd coming out?  :shruggy: I want to see the whole thing on my time. 

Drache

Quote from: mrsskip68 on June 03, 2012, 01:01:39 AM

Thus why I downloaded all three parts  :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Tilar

My sister and her husband have a houseboat docked at the Yatesville Lake Marinia in Kentucky which is only about 50 mile from where all that took place. They met a married couple on the lake named Hatfield, Her maiden name is McCoy and they claimed they were decendants of the originals.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Drache

Quote from: Tilar on June 03, 2012, 07:59:14 AM
My sister and her husband have a houseboat docked at the Yatesville Lake Marinia in Kentucky which is only about 50 mile from where all that took place. They met a married couple on the lake named Hatfield, Her maiden name is McCoy and they claimed they were decendants of the originals.

could have been:

"Great-great-great grandson of feud patriarch Bo McCoy of Waycross, Georgia, and his cousin, Ron McCoy of Durham, North Carolina, organized an historic joint family reunion of the Hatfield and McCoy families in 2000. More than 5000 people attended the reunion, which attained national attention"
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Drache on June 03, 2012, 09:18:42 AM
Quote from: Tilar on June 03, 2012, 07:59:14 AM

could have been:

"Great-great-great grandson of feud patriarch Bo McCoy of Waycross, Georgia, and his cousin, Ron McCoy of Durham, North Carolina, organized an historic joint family reunion of the Hatfield and McCoy families in 2000. More than 5000 people attended the reunion, which attained national attention"

It's plausible...
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

hatersaurusrex

What a great show.  I always wanted a Coyote X:

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

jaak

Quote from: mrsskip68 on June 03, 2012, 01:01:39 AM

I think its coming to DVD sometime in July. There was an ad about it during the program, I can't remember the specific date, but do remember it was in July.

Jason

Cooter

The original "Gang violence"..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"