News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headlight springs??

Started by r4daytona, May 28, 2012, 11:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

I think this was brought up once before so I apologize for being redundant. Looking for advice on whether or not I should use springs on my headlight doors or not? I know they are used in case of vacuum failure, but was also told that if you don't use them, when you go over bumpy roads, the doors can pop open an close a bit.  Looking for opinions????

Aero426

The vacuum is strong enough to hold them up without bouncing, and also to hold them closed firmly.   I have not run the springs for years.   No problems ever. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on May 28, 2012, 11:55:39 AM
The vacuum is strong enough to hold them up without bouncing, and also to hold them closed firmly.   I have not run the springs for years.   No problems ever. 

Me too... My springs are tucked away safely in the console... No bouncing what-so-ever...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WINGIN IT

No kiddin' ?
If you lost vacuum at night , could you just slap the springs on , or would have to look for some giant toothpicks to keep her eyes open .... :lol:

Aero426

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 29, 2012, 08:08:11 AM
No kiddin' ?
If you lost vacuum at night , could you just slap the springs on , or would have to look for some giant toothpicks to keep her eyes open .... :lol:

Door stop wedges.   

FJMG

Doug, That's a much better idea than rerouting the hose back to the drivers seat and pretending you have a thick milkshake!

moparstuart

:pushup:
Quote from: FJMG on May 29, 2012, 11:07:59 AM
Doug, That's a much better idea than rerouting the hose back to the drivers seat and pretending you have a thick milkshake!
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :pushup: :pushup: :pushup: :pushup: :pushup: :pushup: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Aero426 on May 29, 2012, 08:17:32 AM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 29, 2012, 08:08:11 AM
No kiddin' ?

Door stop wedges.   

Ah, so every Superbird owner who doesn't have their springs in , keeps a couple of door stops in their glove box, ay? :icon_smile_big:

Aero426

The old silver Daytona (the one with the bullet hole) came equipped with a pair of door stops in the map pocket.   

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on May 29, 2012, 12:38:07 PM
The old silver Daytona (the one with the bullet hole) came equipped with a pair of door stops in the map pocket.   
one benefit the charger has , map pockets 

WINGIN IT

Quote from: moparstuart on May 29, 2012, 01:51:43 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on May 29, 2012, 12:38:07 PM
one benefit the charger has , map pockets 
No, no.  :nono:  "Propper" pockets .   :smilielol: :rofl: :icon_smile_big:

62 Max

My springs are where they belong ! :o

moparstuart

Quote from: 62 Max on May 29, 2012, 07:49:24 PM
My springs are where they belong ! :o
mine are too   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: