News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger Heritage Kit....

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 26, 2012, 09:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

The problem I found with the Faxon stuff was that they only published a tiny fraction of them and they plaster their watermark across every drawing which I haven't found to be helpful or attractive.

resq302

I can't say as I blame Faxon as I wouldn't want something I have exclusive rights with Chrysler to be copied and then sold off.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Patronus

No friggin' way am I shelling out 375 for that!  :rotz:
They must be smoking paste.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

resq302

Its funny.  I have every one of those pieces in originals with the exception of the certificate of authenticity, and the fancy packaging.  Wonder if that means I can get my original stuff sold for close to that if I put it in a package!   :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on May 28, 2012, 07:30:47 AM
Exactly.  They might, MIGHT have been able to pull this stunt in 2007 but I can't see many of these things flying out the door.  It will end up as further evidence that 2 door Charger fans are extinct.  As mentioned above, the engineering drawings are what they need to publish.
2 door Charger fans are extinct?   :slap:  Did you feel that?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

To the mother corporation we are my friend, to the mother corp we are.

69_500

How much of the engineering papers does faxon have? Just curious. Maybe I should pay $25 and find out

resq302

its a decent sized book.  at least 50 pages,maybe closer to 100 if not more.
Brian

69_500

Hmmm. Wonder if it has anything I do not already have.

Brock Lee

Quote from: Ghoste on May 28, 2012, 08:28:15 PM
The problem I found with the Faxon stuff was that they only published a tiny fraction of them and they plaster their watermark across every drawing which I haven't found to be helpful or attractive.

There were many pages that damn watermark made parts of the illustration hard to see. I emailed and told them the watermark is too dark and they came back saying in so many words that they didn't care.

Ghoste

Pretty much identical to my experience Brock.  I told them they lost a customer.  The ones they have published that I have (I have never checked to see if they did more) were an engine one at 106 pages and a chassis one at 76 pages.  The engine one is all things that bolt onto the engine such as carbs or air conditioning compressors.  The chassis one i things like shifters and shocks.
Somewhere out there is a great book.   Does Faxon have the exclusive on these?

Cooter

Kinda surprized you guys expected anything less from the "New Mopar" of today. Pimp,Pimp,And Pimp itself again.

Now go out and buy one of those overpriced FIATS dammit!
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

AirborneSilva

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on May 27, 2012, 01:01:25 PM

For $100 or a bit less,  somebody could have their wife / GF get them a Xmas / Bday present that wouldn't involve an ugly sweater.     :Twocents:

You sound bitter  :nana:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: AirborneSilva on May 30, 2012, 07:01:23 AM

For $100 or a bit less,  somebody could have their wife / GF get them a Xmas / Bday present that wouldn't involve an ugly sweater.     :Twocents:

Not about this kinda crap  :nana:    Anyway she knows better.    I'm sure there's some guys here that have a whole drawer full of sweaters, ties, and after shave lotion :lol:       

I'm just saying that there's a price point where they could move'em out,  and then there's the price they're at now where they'll be lucky to sell any.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on May 30, 2012, 08:18:22 AM

Not about this kinda crap  :nana:    Anyway she knows better.    I'm sure there's some guys here that have a whole drawer full of sweaters, ties, and after shave lotion :lol:       

I'm just saying that there's a price point where they could move'em out,  and then there's the price they're at now where they'll be lucky to sell any.

Yeah I had to tell my wife to quit buying me tools, I didn't want to hurt her feelings but they were junk  :rotz:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: AirborneSilva on May 30, 2012, 08:53:05 AM

Yeah I had to tell my wife to quit buying me tools, I didn't want to hurt her feelings but they were junk  :rotz:

Well,  she tried!!!        Next time, do what I do...  take her to Sears,  point to it and say I need that.    Merry Christmas!  :)
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on May 30, 2012, 12:32:46 PM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on May 30, 2012, 08:53:05 AM

Next time, do what I do...  take her to Sears,  point to it and say I need that.    Merry Christmas!  :)

LOL, yeah that's a good idea!

Rustymuscle

Wow, you guys are nuts. No, not Mopar, YOU guys.

First, I got to flip through this at SEMA last November. While I couldn't honestly say I'd personally shell out close to $400 for this box set, it's a hell of a package. Each kit is specially numbered as they are an exceptionally limited run (which drastically boosts printing costs) and comes in a pretty cool, collectible case. While a nice box might be all that exciting, Mopar went through ALL of the original manuals, parts catalogs, sales brochures, data info booklets, and owner's manuals - digitally touched them up - and printed them on nice, glossy hardback paper. Each of these would sell for quite a bit of money on their own, so the big box of bitchin' stuff (including CDs of images, info and instructions) is a big value.

No, it's not the griping about the price that is driving me crazy, it's the fact that finally Mopar decides to do something SPECIFICALLY for us Charger lovers, and all that you can think to do is belittle and berate Mopar. Well, congratulations guys, we'll NEVER see anything from these guys again.

Seriously, it's like George Lucas finally went to the uber-geek Star Wars forums, apologized for the prequels and offered digitally mastered BluRays of the original Trilogy and all you could think to do is scream, "Jar Jar Binks! You made Jar Jar Binks! WAARRRGRRRBBLLL!"

I'm not saying we should all roll over and say, "Thank you, Mopar! Thank you for acknowledging our existence! We'll buy two dozen of these!" but I am saying we can applaud the guy in Mopar who said, "Hey, this could be a really cool thing that the old school Charger guys might like." That's all I'm saying.  :Twocents:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

mauve66

no 1st gen stuff?? WTF, was there only 1 year for the charger??

oh wait, don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question, damn, someone already answered.................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Rustymuscle on May 30, 2012, 06:51:38 PM
applaud the guy in Mopar who said, "Hey, this could be a really cool thing that the old school Charger guys might like."

....as he's cashing his 250k paycheck..

maybe if the guy making only 75k a year said it, the price might have been lower so they would actually sell to the "old school Charger guys"

They got us by the short hairs with all the licensing BS that drives much needed repro parts prices up too so yeah why not a "Collector Set" as well....  :rotz:

Is all Im sayin....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Sorry Rusty Muscle but I truly don't think this is a case of someone at Mopar wanting to do something nice for Charger lovers.  It's a case of someone in marketing thinking it's an ideal opportunity to try and strengthen the connection between the old Charger and the Eurocharger.
I just don't trust ANYTHING from Fiatchrysler in a Kool-Aid container.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Rustymuscle on May 30, 2012, 06:51:38 PM

I'm not saying we should all roll over and say, "Thank you, Mopar! Thank you for acknowledging our existence! We'll buy two dozen of these!" but I am saying we can applaud the guy in Mopar who said, "Hey, this could be a really cool thing that the old school Charger guys might like." That's all I'm saying.  :Twocents:

Agree.

This isn't meant for 'everyone'. It's not packaged and priced for 'everyone'. They don't want 'everyone' to buy it.

It's meant for a select group of people that can and will pay for it. It's a specialty product.

If it's 'overpriced' you're not the people it's meant for so don't worry about it.

Spend the money on your car and enjoy it.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

bull

We're not the people it's meant for? Probably the largest online collection of classic Charger owners on the planet? That speaks volumes, doesn't it?

AirborneSilva

While I think it's priced a little too high if they made one for 68's I might buy one....

Cooter

This is meant to make money, NOT allow the "Old Skool" charger guys/gals buy it. Simple economics. Just like Mercedes, if you have to ask how much, or b*tch about how much, then it wasn't intended for you.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"