News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HAPPY 44th

Started by Fred, May 26, 2012, 07:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Well my baby's 44 years old today (sun 27th May) and she's never looked better
I"m as crazy about her today as the day she was born.
So far she's given me 12,000 miles of good times.
Here's to the next 44.    Long may she live!

Definitely worth celebrating!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

both of mine turned 46 last month....May 2nd & May 6th.....

No candles here....we got a burn ban

Happy Birfday to yer car

Bryan

ChgrSteve67

Mine turns 45 on June 1st
Kinda scarry that we know this

Happy Birthday Freds Charger

Fred

Quote from: A383Wing on May 26, 2012, 07:24:46 PM
both of mine turned 46 last month....May 2nd & May 6th.....

No candles here....we got a burn ban

Happy Birfday to yer car

Bryan

Are you living in the right month Bryan?  :-\

A383Wing

sorry....took pain meds again.....

Bryan  (shutting up now)

ChgrSteve67

Didn't you all know that Bryans black Charger is a time machine.
The first 4 bbl runs the motor and the second 4 bbl controls space and time.

But don't tell anyone its a secret.

Fred

Is there room for us all?  I'd love to go back to 1968 and watch my charger rolling off the assembly line in Hamtramck.  :lol:

1BAD68

:cheers:

Mine will be 45 this year. Me and my Charger are only 5 months apart.

ChgrSteve67

My Charger was built 6 months before I was born.
Its funny when people ask me if I'm the origional owner.
But I have owned it longer than anyone else.  26 Years.

cdr

Quote from: 1BAD68 on May 26, 2012, 10:33:28 PM
:cheers:

Mine will be 45 this year. Me and my Charger are only 5 months apart.
what month was your car built ?
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

doctor4766

Mine's a Hamtramck Charger too Fred.
Maybe they're related?

I must check on it's birthdate and maybe give it a wash on the BIG DAY.

Enjoy your festivities together.
Gotta love a '69

1BAD68

rarefish

I want a black 68...... :drool5:

lloyd3

Not surprising that the members here took the time to figure out the Julian calender and their car's birthday.  Hamtramck turned mine out on July 5th, 44-years ago this Summer. Just looked that up; it was a Friday! (maybe they weren't too hungover?)

cdr

mine will be 44 june 19th,mine is just barely a 68 lol
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

1BAD68

Anyone know if the factory assembled cars on Saturday's?
Mine was built 9-09-1967 which was a Saturday

cdr

Quote from: 1BAD68 on May 27, 2012, 06:34:49 PM
Anyone know if the factory assembled cars on Saturday's?
Mine was built 9-09-1967 which was a Saturday
good question, mine was Wednesday

A383Wing

call me stoopid.....but I have never been able to figure out the "Julian Calendar" scenario

Bryan
  :shruggy:

lloyd3

Can't imagine any union shop working on Saturday under normal circumstances, but you never know.  I would doublecheck that decode to make sure of your date first.  

On another tangent, I'm guessing that the line would get shutdown for the model-year change sometime after the 4th of July holiday. Does anyone here know when the model year shutdown occured at Dodge Main in the late 1960s?  My memories of that era had the new Cars-of-the-Year hitting the lots about mid-August.  Moreover, I'm told that my power brake booster (which is currently being rebuilt, and that I only recently discovered was what largely-caused the need for it's ongoing restoration) was only used in big block Chargers, and only in late 1968.  Does that sound right? Something about it needing only so many inches of vacuum verses other versions that would need more?

cdr

i do know that they couldent build 68 chargers fast enough

Bob T

Hope you went for a long cruise and a smoky skid and a couple of cold ones later on :2thumbs:....mines a few months away, 7th September   :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

cdr

so when was the 68 production stopped & 69 started?

1BAD68

Well maybe I got the date wrong. It says 909 on the fender tag.

Fred

Quote from: lloyd3 on May 27, 2012, 07:26:11 PM
Can't imagine any union shop working on Saturday under normal circumstances, but you never know.  I would doublecheck that decode to make sure of your date first.  

On another tangent, I'm guessing that the line would get shutdown for the model-year change sometime after the 4th of July holiday. Does anyone here know when the model year shutdown occured at Dodge Main in the late 1960s?  My memories of that era had the new Cars-of-the-Year hitting the lots about mid-August.  Moreover, I'm told that my power brake booster (which is currently being rebuilt, and that I only recently discovered was what largely-caused the need for it's ongoing restoration) was only used in big block Chargers, and only in late 1968.  Does that sound right? Something about it needing only so many inches of vacuum verses other versions that would need more?

Production for the new model year generally started Aug 1st.

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on May 27, 2012, 07:46:57 PM
Hope you went for a long cruise and a smoky skid and a couple of cold ones later on :2thumbs:....mines a few months away, 7th September   :cheers:

Thanks bob T,  I did take her out and yes, I did a tiny bit of hooning! but not too much................don't want to attract the wrong attention.  :2thumbs:
I see that yours is going to be 45.

Quote from: doctor4766 on May 27, 2012, 04:23:27 AM
Mine's a Hamtramck Charger too Fred.
Maybe they're related?

I must check on it's birthdate and maybe give it a wash on the BIG DAY.

Enjoy your festivities together.

related?..............2nd cousins twice removed maybe  :smilielol: