News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have underhood pics of a '69 with A/C? Need to see the condenser,

Started by Dino, May 21, 2012, 06:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

As I mentioned here I'm looking for a new condenser.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,91794.0.html

I am unsure of what hooks up to the ds hard line, I can only assume it's the expansion valve.  Can someone with an original A/C system post a few pictures of what goes where?  I have the original condenser which is shot.  First owner cut the lines instead of taking the two minutes to actually disconnect it so I don't knwo what goes where.  A pic of the dryer mounting bracket would be great as well.

Thanks!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dino

Chris you rock!  Those help a lot. 

I don't recall seeing the dryer bracket in any of the boxes so I'll have to find one of those. 

I didn't think the hardline coming from the ds went all the way to the condenser like that.  I'm afraid to go look at mine now, I don't know if it was unbolted or cut so I may have to buy anothe rhard line.  Where's the expansion valve?  Is it between carb and firewall?

When I put my condenser back in, just to make sure it was the correct one, I realized that it's pretty much blocking the entire radiator.  I know the air travels through the condenser but still.  Ever notice any rise in temp when you installed the condenser?

Thanks again!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

roger440

Quote from: Dino on May 22, 2012, 12:05:06 PM
Chris you rock!  Those help a lot. 

I don't recall seeing the dryer bracket in any of the boxes so I'll have to find one of those. 

I didn't think the hardline coming from the ds went all the way to the condenser like that.  I'm afraid to go look at mine now, I don't know if it was unbolted or cut so I may have to buy anothe rhard line.  Where's the expansion valve?  Is it between carb and firewall?

When I put my condenser back in, just to make sure it was the correct one, I realized that it's pretty much blocking the entire radiator.  I know the air travels through the condenser but still.  Ever notice any rise in temp when you installed the condenser?

Thanks again!   :2thumbs:

Terrible the way they overheat with a condensor in the way (kidding)

When you decide not to fit the A/C, call me, ill take it ;D ;D ;D

Ive been looking for years for the right parts  ::)
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

Just 6T9 CHGR

The Suction & discharge lines are one year only 69 & big block specific.

The other liquid hard line that runs on the pass fender will interchange from small to big block (and I believe is reproduced but with the "wrong" fittings on it)

The discharge hose is one piece (rubber/metal)

I also hard lined a transmission cooler in front of all that as well with no cooling issues

Heres a pic from the FSM (which I recommend you getting one if you dont have one)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Rolling_Thunder

Looks great Chris -     I might have a line on 1969 Big Block A/C lines out here on the coast - waiting for a reply...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip